Search Unity

Mobile/Specular shader bug(?) Android

Discussion in 'Android' started by knifesk, Jul 10, 2013.

1. knifesk

knifesk

Problem:
    The whole scene looks fantastic in phone A (Samsung I9070 Galaxy S Advance - Andoird version 2.3.6).. then I push the same build to another phone B (same model, different android version 4.1.2) and the only object with "Mobile/Specular" shader looks completely black.. the moment I press the home button, for just a fraction of a second the object looks fine and then the APP gets minimized (normal behavior)...

Further details:

Scene 1 has a login form made with Unity GUI classes.. and at the back there is this model (planet earth) with this particular shader.. it has a script that rotate the planet simulating its axis rotation... after login the form dissapears and 3 game objects gets activated:

- Anillo (ring): this empty object has a script attached that instantiates a prefab (14 times) and controls the movement of this prefabs around the "ring" (imaginary circle where the prebafs "orbits" around)
    - Empty object with a colider (set as trigger) called "SelectedBall"
    - 3DText object that, when one of the prefabs from ring gets in sets its text to the corresponding string.

The thing is: when the login form is visible the Earth motel looks fine. with texture and ilumnation.. as soon as the login form dissapears the planet turns black... I've solved this problem by setting its shader to Normal Specular (not mobile).. but, FYI: it seems that the Mobile/Specular Shader doesn't work in Android 4.1.2.. I'll set a test scene to reproduce the bug for you and I'll come back later.

this same game has been build to Web, Mac, iOS (iPhone 4s and 5, iPad 1/Retina), Windows and Android (several devices has been tested, older, newers, etc.. and all of this worked fine except the 4.1.2 one).

Cheers!

2. trooper

trooper

3. knifesk

knifesk

No, I couldn't solve it.. Just changed to regular specular as it was just one material that was using this shader... and performance didn't suffered at all.. sorry for the late responde tough :p