Search Unity

Mobile Ski Game Starter Kit Selling Well

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kootenay, Jul 26, 2012.

1. kootenay

kootenay

Thanks to Caitlin and the Asset Store team... after 9 detailed optimizations and revisions, I was able to submit my iPhone/iPad/Android mobile ski game starter kit to the store, and despite being mid Summer (in Canada anyway), the game is selling really well! I'm just wondering if I should raise the price from $45 .... any advice from other developers?

Here's a Youtube demo with the asset store link in the description;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPj_24L-68s

2. NothAU

NothAU

Honestly, if it's selling at 45, I wouldn't increase the price by much, if at all. It's generally not a good idea to raise the price after release, as it risks copping flak from users who were going to purchase after seeing it cheaper before they had the chance to buy.

3. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

If thats the case give them a chance (a few days) to buy it before raising the price.

4. kenlem

kenlem

Why mess with the price at all if it's selling well? Part of the reason it's selling well is probably because it's priced right.

5. kootenay

kootenay

Yes, all good comments, thank you all for your perspective... I'm going to leave it priced as is for now. The investment in development (6 months) plus contractors (physics, animations, graphic design, terrain/environment) is high, but I suppose if I break even in 1 year, that that is a decent pay back. :)