Search Unity

Mobile Recording Studio(Questions)

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Nitpick, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Nitpick

Nitpick

Hello out there.

I'm not sure of this has been asked before but,
    Does unity have the ability to record audio (say like a digital audio workstation?)
    I have a finished prototype it's now time to see if the important part can work or if I need to pack up and head out.

Currently working on a Music digital audio workstation with rpg elements.

All my UIs buttons, call functions work flawless, just need to know if the recording is possible as I seen a video record for unity?

Any help would be great in any form of fashion and thank you deeply.

Let me know if more information is needed.
    Unity 2018.3.8f1

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

A finished prototype that records music, but all that is left is to record the music? :) Seems to me that would be the very first thing to start with, and add the buttons later. So where is the audio coming from? Streaming online, or system input like a microphone? You might want to try a Google search, perhaps "recording audio unity"

Joe-Censored and Nitpick like this.
  3. Nitpick

Nitpick

I have indeed looked that up but, the results end up with things such as: video recording and or such things that doesn't relate. So I ended up creating the app just need to figure out how to allow audio source to record vocals and be able to submit it to the app. Say for instance https://offtop.co or any other mobile recording daw.

Honestly didn't think I was using the correct engine for this but, I don't want to give these ideas in my head up for a split secod

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored