Search Unity

Mobile Movie Texture

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DanTreble, Dec 17, 2011.

1. DanTreble

DanTreble

Hey alvaroull, thanks for the interest. I am not presently working on it. So I can't give you any estimation. Sorry

2. DanTreble

DanTreble

Hey Balazs, sorry to hear you are having problems

I don't have a mac with an android license to test it on I'm afraid. My guess would be that you are in opengl 1.1 mode and all of my shaders require open gl 2.0. You can change this in Edit->Project Settings->Player->Graphics Level

3. exoszajzbuk

exoszajzbuk

Thanks, it works!

4. netatti

netatti

hi DTreble,

first, thanks for you awesome work! We're having a client, who is interested in streaming support and we have some qualified coders around. If you're interested in a collaboration to get things working, please contact me.

5. kovacsd

kovacsd

Hi!

I have an interesting crash. I'm using MMT in different scenes. After loading the scene 2-4 times it crashes with the following stack trace:

#0 0x30d543aa in twiddle32x32_8 ()
    #1 0x30d2d0d8 in BlockTwiddleAddress8bpp ()
    #2 0x30d200d4 in _ZL23sgxLoadTextureLevelFastP12GLDSharedRecP20SGXLoadTextureParamsb ()
    #3 0x30d20376 in glrWriteTextureData ()
    #4 0x335eac08 in gldModifyTexSubImage ()
    #5 0x36b8e0b4 in glTexSubImage2D_Exec ()
    #6 0x023e0140 in tex_sub_image2D ()
    #7 0x31533282 in glTexSubImage2D ()
    #8 0x00b030f0 in PlaybackState::surface_upload(PlaybackState*, th_img_plane*, int, int) at /Users/dan/synserver/depot/VideoDemo/plugins/theorarm/jni/theorawrapper/iPhone/../theorawrapper.cpp:211
    #9 0x00afddbe in th_decode_packetin at /Users/dan/synserver/depot/VideoDemo/plugins/theorarm/jni/theorawrapper/iPhone/../../theora/lib/decode.c:2269
    #10 0x00b02ee0 in PlaybackState::DecodeFrame() at /Users/dan/synserver/depot/VideoDemo/plugins/theorarm/jni/theorawrapper/iPhone/../theorawrapper.cpp:458
    #11 0x00b02a40 in DecodeAndUpload at /Users/dan/synserver/depot/VideoDemo/plugins/theorarm/jni/theorawrapper/iPhone/../theorawrapper.cpp:635
    #12 0x00028998 in wrapper_managed_to_native_MobileMovieTexture_DecodeAndUpload_intptr_int_int_int at /Users/kovacsd/devel/toplamax_ios/Toplamax/Libraries/Assembly-CSharp.dll.s:16562
    #13 0x00007328 in MobileMovieTexture_Decode at /Users/kovacsd/devel/toplamax_ios/Toplamax/Libraries/Assembly-CSharp.dll.s:542
    #14 0x00007208 in MobileMovieTexture_Update at /Users/kovacsd/devel/toplamax_ios/Toplamax/Libraries/Assembly-CSharp.dll.s:510
    #15 0x006e8f88 in wrapper_runtime_invoke_object_runtime_invoke_dynamic_intptr_intptr_intptr_intptr at /Users/kovacsd/devel/toplamax_ios/Toplamax/Libraries/mscorlib.dll.s:338411
    #16 0x00ee74d0 in mono_jit_runtime_invoke ()
    #17 0x00f77e38 in mono_runtime_invoke ()
    #18 0x00c5bb4c in mono_runtime_invoke_profiled_fast(MonoMethod*, MonoObject* (*)(void*, MonoException**), void*, MonoException**, MonoClass*) at /Applications/buildAgent/work/842f9557127e852/./Runtime/Mono/MonoUtility.h:398

Do you have any idea what could go wrong?

Thanks, David

6. kovacsd

kovacsd

Ok, I've found it:) When I modified the path of the video, accidentally I've copied the one that was meant for the UNITY_EDITOR and the last param was true.
    m_nativeContext = OpenStreamDemo(GetiPhoneDocumentsPath() + "/" + PlayerPrefs.GetString("VideoFileName"), 0, 0, m_loop, true);

The correct is:
    m_nativeContext = OpenStreamDemo(GetiPhoneDocumentsPath() + "/" + PlayerPrefs.GetString("VideoFileName"), 0, 0, m_loop, false);

7. DanTreble

DanTreble

Phew, am I glad you found it, cause I had NFI!

8. skateborden

skateborden

I just bought the Mobile Movie Texture plugin a few days ago, and so far I'm very impressed. It seems to work nicely on the old Android phone I use for testing (Motorola Droid), and on Windows standalone builds. I haven't had the opportunity to test an iOS build yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

However, Mac standalone builds don't seem to be working. I even tried creating a new project and just importing the package and building the test scenes, but they just give me a big magenta missing Material plane, while building the same project and scenes works fine on WIndows and Android. I'm even developing on a Mac and it works fine in the Unity editor. Has anyone else had a problem with Mac standalone builds?

9. DanTreble

DanTreble

Hey skateborden, thanks for buying and supporting Mobile Movie Texture!

To be honest, I didn't really make the plugin to solve movies on mac standalone, they can use a MovieTexture. You can probably get it working by looking at the UNITY_EDITOR defines and adding a || UNITY_STANDALONE_OSX.

Let me know how you go.

Thanks

Dan

10. skateborden

skateborden

I realize it's designed to work on mobile and I can use Unity's MovieTexture implementation on Mac. It would just be nice to have one implementation across all platforms. I'll play around with the platform preprocessor directives and see if I can get it to work.

11. skateborden

skateborden

I figured it out. The StreamingAssets directory gets put inside a directory named "Data" inside Application.dataPath on Mac. Adding this in at line 268 does the trick.

Code (csharp):
    2. #elif UNITY_STANDALONE_OSX
    3.         m_nativeContext = OpenStream(Application.dataPath + "/Data/StreamingAssets/" + m_path, 0, 0, m_loop, true);

12. DanTreble

DanTreble

13. aciang

aciang

14. DanTreble

DanTreble

No sorry :-( I believe prime31's plugin can stream

15. aciang

aciang

prime31 only work with ios :(

16. kovacsd

kovacsd

if DestroyTextures() is called before Open() gets called then m_ChannelTextures is null and it crashes when Destroy() called. I think there should be a check for null there.

17. falkonragno

falkonragno

Hello DTreble,

Can you give me your advise about how to improve the play rate or speed, I'm using a plane to play the movie material, everything is working fine, even the chroma transparency is ok running from my ipad2, but the video seen slower that it is.

Please some advise about how to improve this.

Thanks in advance.

18. aciang

aciang

Have any hint or example how to use MobileMovieTexture with assetBundle?

19. aciang

aciang

I have downloaded the video with WWW to persistentDataPath, and play it from there..

to make it work.. have to make some changes in MobileMovieTexture.cs that get my concern.

have to remark line "AssetStream.GetFileOffsetLengt" as it returns error:
    Code (csharp):
    1.  IOException: /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.aciang.test19/files/spiderman.ogg not found
    2. I/Unity   (20107):   at AssetStream.GetFileOffsetLength (System.String fileName, System.Int64 offset, System.Int64 length) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    3. I/Unity   (20107):   at MobileMovieTexture.Open () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    4. I/Unity   (20107):   at MobileMovieTexture.Play () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    5. I/Unity   (20107):   at TestMobileTexture.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    already checked the folder and file exist in android device.

and change m_nativeContext to
    m_nativeContext = OpenStream(objDownloadVideo.VideoFilePath, 0, 0, m_loop, pot );

Code (csharp):
    2. private void Open()
    3.     {
    4.         Debug.Log("=BEGIN============================================================");
    5.         Debug.Log("Debug FILE PATH (MobileMovieTexture): " + objDownloadVideo.VideoFilePath);
    7. #if UNITY_ANDROID  !UNITY_EDITOR
    9.         long offset;
    10.         long length;
    12.         //AssetStream.GetFileOffsetLength(m_path,out offset, out length);
    13.         //AssetStream.GetFileOffsetLength(objDownloadVideo.VideoFilePath, out offset, out length);
    15.         bool pot = false; //Power of 2 YCrCB buffers
    17.         // Seems to eventually crash on the Adreno 200 whatever I do :-(
    18.         //if (SystemInfo.graphicsDeviceName == "Adreno 200")
    19.         //{
    20.         //    pot = true; //it crashes deep within the Areno driver in my call to glTexSubImage2D, in rb_texture_find_eviction_candidate in __memcmp16
    21.         //}
    23.         Debug.Log("Debug AssetStream.GetApkPath(): " + AssetStream.GetApkPath());
    24.         //m_nativeContext = OpenStream(AssetStream.GetApkPath(), (int)offset, (int)length, m_loop, pot );
    25.         m_nativeContext = OpenStream(objDownloadVideo.VideoFilePath, 0, 0, m_loop, pot );
    27.         Debug.Log("=END==============================================================");

My question is.. are above codes ok?

20. DanTreble

DanTreble

aciang - those changes look fine. The AssetStream class is specifically for reading within a apk/zip, so you are right to remove that for a raw file.

21. iossif

iossif

ignore this post, it was just a question about crashing non-looping videos.

i just write down the solution in case i look for it again :p

in the MobileMovieTexture.cs just add

Code (csharp):
    2. if(m_hasFinished) {
    3. break; 
    4. }
    right after

Code (csharp):
    2. while (m_elapsedTime > m_nextFrameTime)
    3. {

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  22. android_dev

android_dev

Can I change the video at runtime? When I try to access the path value it says its read-only. Or do I have to make multiple objects with different mobilemovietexture.cs scriptes attachted to them?

23. DanTreble

DanTreble

Easier to have multiple objects

24. netatti

netatti

I asked prime31 about it. They responded it's not supported. Could you give streaming another thought?

25. bpritchard

bpritchard

@DTreble,

We're running into an issue on Android devices (not seeing it as much on iOS, or maybe its just not as apparent) that happens when a video is set to loop. Essentially the app stalls for a SIGNIFICANT amount of time... nothing like a little hiccup or anything but stalls. The videos are relatively small so i can't imagine thats the issue (we do have some larger videos that play for, albeit a little slower). Is there anything that would cause that? Does the compression on the actual video asset matter (aka the compression levels or whatnot, and is there a preferred compression level?).

Cheers
    Bryan

26. darkmax

darkmax

hi, i'm interested in your plugin, but i have a question can i use this plugin for all plataforms?, windows, mac, ios, and android?

And also i want to use a video with chroma (transparency) in all these platforms if this can do the trick?.

Also i saw that doesn't support audio, if i play the audio at the same time, will have a problem for synchronization?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  27. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi, I am interested in the Mobile Movie Texture plugin.

Does anyone know where I can get the latest demo version?

Thanks!

28. Crazy Robot

Crazy Robot

First page of this thread at the top.

29. Deleted User

Deleted User

The latest version is 1.1.4, while the demo version at the top of the first page is 1.1.1. Also, v1.1.1 doesn't work with later versions of iOS SDK.

30. DanTreble

DanTreble

Really? First I've heard. If you can be a little more specific I'll take a look at it ASAP

31. DanTreble

DanTreble

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. Can you send me a video I can try and repro the problem with please? Also which android device are you seeing the problem on?

32. DanTreble

DanTreble

Yes it works on all platforms (with a small modification for mac standalone). Although it is optimised specifically for mobile.

Chroma key works on all platforms :)

Audio synchronisation is still a mine field. I've not had any reports of great success syncing them :-(

33. sonhy1

sonhy1

Hi, I use this plugin. But there's a problem.
    Some Android devices will be torn from the Image(Movie Texture Rendering Image).

Device: Galaxy Note (SHV-E160S) or LG Optimus LTE
    GPU: adreno 220
    Android API Version: 4.0.3

What's the problem?

34. DanTreble

DanTreble

Can you grab a screen/picture to give me an idea what you mean by torn please?

Fragmentation! You can run the same code on 2 different androids and get 2 different results!

There might be a workaround...

35. sonhy1

sonhy1

http://youtu.be/m5olVWyb9Ds

I have uploaded to Youtube.
    Please confirm.

36. DanTreble

DanTreble

That's weird. Can you try setting power of 2 textures on please?

Code (csharp):
    1. bool pot = true; //Power of 2 YCrCB buffers

37. sonhy1

sonhy1

Already tried.
    Same Youtube Movie...t_t

38. DanTreble

DanTreble

Oh no, I'm so sorry, I don't know why that device doesn't work.

I don't know what else to try really. The plugin doesn't do anything odd internally. It just uploads textures...

Code (csharp):
    1. glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, state->yHandle);
    2. glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_LUMINANCE,state->yStride, state->yHeight, 0, GL_LUMINANCE, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, _src[0].data );

39. Deleted User

Deleted User

Perhaps it's just the emulator - my MobileMovieTexture app built for iOS 4.3 (also tried 5.1) crashed when I tried running it in the emulator, and I am still waiting for my Apple developer account to be setup to try it on the real device. Is the plugin supposed to work in the emulator?

40. DanTreble

DanTreble

Woah, never stated anywhere that it works in the simulator. It most definitely doesn't!

41. patch24

patch24

Where does this .a file actually go? I'm having the same issue but in my case I had started a fresh Unity project and brought in packages from other projects. Then, all of a sudden this issue started popping up. When xcode builds the project, it selects armv6, armv7 and I get the same linker errors. If I manually change the xcode project to armv7 Standard, I can build it. Any advice?

Thanks!
    -p

42. Deleted User

Deleted User

OK, good to know, thanks for clarification.

43. patch24

patch24

Hi, I'm having the same exact problem as below. Does anyone know how to fix this exactly? I tried following the link and doing some of the suggestions, but still have the problem.
    thanks,
    -p

44. DanTreble

DanTreble

Hey patch, looks like it has failed to link in the QCAR or Vuforia as it is now. All the missing functions are from Vuforia. I'd double check that you have their plugin installed correctly.

Let me know how you go.

Thanks

Dan

45. Deleted User

Deleted User

DTreble,

Both iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 have an arm7, but Theora videos do not play for me on 3GS, is it supported?

Thanks!

46. Boss

Boss

47. DanTreble

DanTreble

3GS is supported. Can you send me a repro please?

48. patch24

patch24

Hi I was curious if you could help me modify your mobilemovietexture.cs script to look for downloaded ogv files on various devices? (the default is set up to check in StreamingAssets but I can't include the huge ogv files with the build)

Currently I have a script that downloads the video file and caches it in the iphone persistentDataPath area. I know someone else using your cool movie player has done this and was talking about modifying your code. I'm just not sure of the details. I'll have to get it working the same way for Android as well. Anyways, back to it! Thanks again for everything.

49. Swearsoft

Swearsoft

I also had the issue with the Libtheorawrapper.a file not being recognized, thus having linking issues. From what I understand it was creating a shortcut (that's what it's called in Windows), instead of copying the file. Anyway, duplicating file to the Librarties folder of the XCode project solved the issue.

K.

50. android_dev

android_dev

I have the following problem:

the colors are shifted.

ogg was created with ffmpeg 0.29 (tested windows and mac).

It looks right in the preview but on an ipad its wrong