Search Unity

Mobile Movie Texture

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DanTreble, Dec 17, 2011.

1. oldbushie

oldbushie

Unity now has its own mobile-friendly video handler called VideoPlayer. You will need to convert any videos you have into mp4s that play natively on mobile, but otherwise it's fairly straightforward to set up.

2. StarManta

StarManta

Use Unity's built-in VideoPlayer class instead, which was introduced in Unity 5.6 and doesn't have any of the same issues that the old MovieTexture had. This plugin has been obsolete for about a year and a half now, and hasn't received updates in almost 3 years. It's dead, Jim.

3. c_andrews

c_andrews

Thanks, all of my video (and theres a lot) is in OGG format which isn't supported on IOS which is why i wanted to see if i could get the plugin working again. The app was built about 3 years ago while the plugin was still being updated.

4. StarManta

StarManta

If that's the case, by my understanding, your app is (and always has been) absolutely shredding your users' battery life, since your content isn't supported by the efficient hardware video decoders. VideoPlayer hooks in directly to that hardware video decoding system. Even if it still worked, I'd still have to recommend re-encoding your video.

5. Cuttlas-U

Cuttlas-U

hey,
    i still use this plugin :)

fast alpha movie :)