Search Unity

Mobile Movie Texture

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DanTreble, Dec 17, 2011.

1. 23michael45

23michael45

I have the same problem

Unity 5.2.1

when :
    OpenStream(m_nativeContext, m_MoviePath, (int)offset, (int)length, powerOf2Textures, m_scanDuration, maxSkipFrames))*/

the Unity Editor Crash

but All is Ok under Unity 5.1.2

HOW TO FIX IT.

2. ketyaP

ketyaP

I can't run it on the Unity editor (Version 5.2 higher).
    How to fix it?

3. Xtro

Xtro

Hi,

We want to buy this plugin but we have a question...

Can we play the video from the Application.persistentDataPath on iOS?
    Because we are downloading the movie from Internet to persistent folder. We can't ship the video with the app.
    I checked your sample code. It looks like playing the video only from streaming assets folder which is read only :(

4. Krisso

Krisso

Hi i recently bought your Mobile Movie Texture for my multi-platform project. It's exactly what i need, an easy API for video playback on all platforms.

Sadly i''m having some issues and i was hopping you can help me. Apparently sometimes my video won't play and sometimes it does, really weird right? The error message is the following: "Unable to open movie 0". So i looked up your code a little, and it seems that the MobileMovieTexture class can't get the Context.

It's worth mentioning that for now I've tried to run it only on Windows 7 (my working computer), and that i have multiple videos on every scene. Every movie object is a plane with the MobileMovieTexture class attaches. If I'm doing something wrong, could you point me in the right direction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you for you time!

5. 265lutab

265lutab

It doesn't work on Unity 5.2. Unity freezes when I try to play the scene. (I'm on mac running 10.10.5)

6. eskiroy

eskiroy

Anyone tried deploying to iOS or Android on Unity 5.2? I know the editor crashes, but anyone tried putting it on device and does it crash as well?

7. wuxiao

wuxiao

2015-10-13 13:28:52 +0000 [MT] Presenting: Error Domain=IDEFoundationErrorDomain Code=1 "Codesign failed" UserInfo=0x7fa678af8310 {NSLocalizedDescription=Codesign failed}

When i export my project.What shoud i fix? Thanks!

8. Frederic-My

Frederic-My

I'm using MMT 2.1.2 and just updated Unity to 5.2.1p3 on Mac, my movies are playing fine both in editor and on an iPad Air. Can some people who had trouble with 5.2 give the last patch version a try, and report whether it works for them or if I'm just being lucky?

I'm going to run the same test on Windows7 and deploy to Android, I need to know by the end of this week whether using movies is a viable solution or not for my client's project.

9. Frederic-My

Frederic-My

MMT 2.1.2 + Unity 5.2.1p3 also works for me on Windows (in editor) and Android.

10. Adawat.SST

Adawat.SST

Can you support NON ASCII directory path? (For example, UTF8)

My company have a project which has many users who use his/her language (For example Japanese, Spain, German etc.). This make directory path to the movie files contains NON ASCII !
    As a result, the plugin appears with "Movie file not found".

Thank you in advance,

11. Aviv.Pangolin

Aviv.Pangolin

Hi Everyone,
    Does somebody know if i can show multiple planes with videos at the same time?

12. Frederic-My

Frederic-My

Yes, that works well. Then it's a matter of performance, especially on low end mobile devices, you have to keep the number of movies and their resolution reasonable.

13. WillemKokke

WillemKokke

4.2.1p4 crashes the editor again. 4.2.1p3 does work.. (OSX)

14. brunopava

brunopava

I have an issue with vuforia 5.0.6 in combination with MMT 2.1.3.
    When my app starts, the vuforia camera is all black but it still can recognize the image target.

Does anyone have the same issue?

PS: Im using unity 4.6.3

15. Nanoflash

Nanoflash

I use MMT 2.1.3 in my game.
    Windows 7 64-bit.
    Unity Pro Unity 5.2.2f1 (64-bit)
    I use "Color Space/YCbCrtoRGB Chroma Key" for my movies.
    In my scene playing movies of different dimensions sequentially on same MMT component.

I tested my project on Mac - detected no errors.
    I builded my game on Android - detected no errors.

However, when i playing MMT-movies from my project in Unity Editor - Unity Editor is crashed.
    This problem was in Unity Pro Unity 5.2.2 and in Unity Pro Unity 5.1.2.

How do I solve this problem?

Assets\Plugins\x86_64\theorawrapper.dll - Can I use new version of this file?

Help me, please!

16. nevermore

nevermore

man i have bought your plugin and i am having error on Ios

17. nevermore

nevermore

the error has some kind of this word -"theorawrapper"

18. ju4nl

ju4nl

It's the same for me. I'm working with Unity 5.2.1f1 and MMT 2.1.2 pro version, and Unity freezes when trying to execute in the editor. I can build the apk, but the plane is not showing the movie.

19. hacaro76

hacaro76

Have You found a solution ?

20. ZioCain

ZioCain

I havent, but i got the same problem:
    on StreamingAssets page I read that Movies i'm gonna use as texture should go into /Raw directory under main folder, but if the file is there i can't use it!

Also, if I put the video file in the StreamingAssets diectory it won't work on either iOS or Android...how do i solve?

Tried to put the video file in both location but it won't work!!

21. StudioEvil

StudioEvil

Hi, does it works even on Windows Phone ? (Windows mobile 8.1 / 10)
    Thanks

22. moncalvm

moncalvm

I'm sorry for the developer but this plugin is really bad to me.
    Problems:
    -not working on iOS or android when using unity 5.2.2
    -made impossibile uploading to appStore due to theorawrapper.bundle that could not be codesigned.

So i bought EasyMovieTexture (costs less, but doesnt work in the editor) and everything works flawlessly, also: movie can be any format

23. misc

misc

Actual version works fine with iOS. Used this export settings:
    Unity 5.2.2: rendering path forward, scripting backend IL2CPP, min. iOS 8.1, architecture ARM64
    Unity 4.6.9: rendering path forward, scripting backend Mono, min. iOS 8.1, Open GL ES 2.0

24. Tonks

Tonks

Hi, I have an odd problem, the first scene of our app uses MMT to display a trailer, when we transition into the game scene, the GUI element seems to leave behind a black box where it was in the previous scene. I have tried hiding that element before the scene transitions (with a .1f gap between that and the loadscene operation) but it still persists. This is a huge problem for us, as the box just wont go away (it's now fine in editor, but not on the iPad).

Any ideas?

Unity 5.1 (not upgrading until the memory leaks with Unity UI are fixed)
    Merged MMT and Vuforia5 app controllers.

25. AydinPolat

AydinPolat

Hi, I have been trying to make an app on Samsung Gear VR while using the MobileMovieTexture. Everything works fine on Unity Editor, I can watch the movie but when I build and try to run the app on VR, it crashes.

Can anyone explain why it is hapenning?

26. Tonks

Tonks

I am going to give it a go with 5.2.3, and see if the Memory Leak is still extant on iOS (no release note, and I had tested 5.2.2 patch versions with my memory leak test project.

Edit: The issue I reported is still extant.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  27. Eric-Laberge

Eric-Laberge

Hello

It seems that the OpenGLCore (OpenGL 4.1) API is not supported. I now get a pink texture with Unity 5.3 on OSX. Removing the OpenGLCore graphics API from the PlayerSettings solves the problem as it falls back to OpenGL 2.

Regards

28. DoubleDox

DoubleDox

Is codesign problem fixed in 2.1.3?

29. CitrusMedia

CitrusMedia

Hello, does this Plugin makes it possible to create for iOS & Android something similar to ElfYourself?

I have Unity 5.2.3p3 PRO and Xcode 7.2 ... I am afraid it will not work, because a lot of users have problems here in the Forum.

30. mishimumu

mishimumu

Mobile Movie Texture support winphone?

31. WellC

WellC

Hello,I have Unity5.2.2 pro ,MMT2.1 and xcode7.2 .... but it can not work.

Attached Files:

32. musoufan91

musoufan91

Are their any plans for WEBGL support?

33. AGaming

AGaming

I consider it to purchase for iOS, tell, he is now working with Unity 5.3.1and xCode 7.2? Since the comments are too many complaints.

34. dducrest

dducrest

I was able to configure my app to run on x64 iOS, by removing OpenGLCore-OpenGL4.1 requirements and reverting to OpenGL2.0.

Any progress on supporting x32 iOS?

35. Sheen125

Sheen125

anyone ? how to fix this ?

Attached Files:

36. AGaming

AGaming

Video format is not suitable envelope video OGM.

37. headcrap

headcrap

Unity: 5.3.3f1
    MMT: 2.1.3

When i try to compile my xCode project:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
    2.   "_oc_frag_copy_list_arm", referenced from:
    3.       _oc_state_accel_init_arm in libtheorawrapper.a(armstate.o)
    4.   "_oc_idct8x8_1_arm", referenced from:
    5.       _oc_state_frag_recon_arm in libtheorawrapper.a(armstate.o)
    6.   "_oc_idct8x8_arm", referenced from:
    7.       _oc_state_frag_recon_arm in libtheorawrapper.a(armstate.o)
    8.       _oc_state_accel_init_arm in libtheorawrapper.a(armstate.o)
    9.   "_oc_frag_recon_intra_arm", referenced from:
    10.       _oc_state_frag_recon_arm in libtheorawrapper.a(armstate.o)
    11.       _oc_state_accel_init_arm in libtheorawrapper.a(armstate.o)
    12.   "_oc_frag_recon_inter2_arm", referenced from:
    13.       _oc_state_frag_recon_arm in libtheorawrapper.a(armstate.o)
    14.       _oc_state_accel_init_arm in libtheorawrapper.a(armstate.o)
    15.   "_oc_frag_recon_inter_arm", referenced from:
    16.       _oc_state_frag_recon_arm in libtheorawrapper.a(armstate.o)
    Did i need another libtheorawrapper ?

Thanks
    Christian

38. Janisse_Dev

Janisse_Dev

39. fales

fales

I am getting the same error as headcrap and I tried the solution you pointed at.
    But I'm now getting the following error when using the libtheorawrapper.a from github on my project.

Code (CSharp):
    1. ld: './Libraries/Plugins/iOS/libtheorawrapper.a(theorawrapper.o)' does not contain bitcode. You must rebuild it with bitcode enabled (Xcode setting ENABLE_BITCODE), obtain an updated library from the vendor, or disable bitcode for this target. for architecture armv7
    3. clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    When I turn BITCODE off it builds just fine but we need the it for AppleTV support.

40. fales

fales

cogentEd and Janisse_Dev like this.
  41. tiagojcosta29

tiagojcosta29

I had recently tried this asset with IOS and unity 5.3, and this thing just doesn't work. Does anyone knows how to make this work? In the mac unity editor I get some error like "unable to load movie 0" and if I build it to IOS, Xcode says that he can't find the dll...

Thanks for your time.

42. NEBR

NEBR

Hi! I integrate this plugin to my iOS project and all work well, but I cant upload build to store... I get this signing error (screenshot attached). After removing plugin uploading well... Can anyone help me, please?

Attached Files:

43. dducrest

dducrest

My coworker shared that he avoided using XCode to upload the app. Instead he used Application Loader to the store.
    As a side note, he also build the MMT plugin from source. But we don't know which step made it work.

44. Petnew

Petnew

Hi, did anyone found a solution for Unable to open movie 0 ? Im also stuck with this issue after my video was played 30/31 times.

45. Okari-Draconis

Okari-Draconis

Hey, does this Plugin support Multiple Movie Streams at the same time? IE 2 movies playing at the same time

46. nate-sewell

nate-sewell

Is anyone still maintaining this? Been using this for a while but it has a few memory leaks. I recently found the code repo for this and fixed what issues I could find, there're a couple in the jni interface and at least one in the libtheorawrapper library itself.

I'm willing to provide the fixes to dan if he's interested and still involved. I can create a pull request.. but it looks like there's at least one that's been in the queue for quite a while now great plugin overall.

dducrest and Rusterman like this.
  47. dducrest

dducrest

Hey Nate,
    I've noticed some memory issues too. Currently, it doesn't look like the memory resources are ever being released on iOS.
    Where are you memory leaks?

Are you interested in forking the repo to share your changes?

48. Andrew-Q

Andrew-Q

For people having trouble with pink screen on iOS. Go to 'Build settings' > 'Settings for PC, Mac & Linux Standalone' (Pointing down arrow under 'cursor hotspot') > Remove checkmark from 'Auto Graphic API for Mac'. After you've done this add 'OpenGL2' to 'Graphics APIs for Mac' and place it first from top.

49. qzm

qzm

hi, how are you
    I count for the same problem ,how do you resolve it?
    thanks!

50. c_andrews

c_andrews

Any idea on how to get the plugin working in Unity 2017.3? I have a project which needs updating but keep getting the following error:

ArgumentException: nativeTex can not be null
    UnityEngine.Texture2D.CreateExternalTexture (Int32 width, Int32 height, TextureFormat format, Boolean mipmap, Boolean linear, IntPtr nativeTex) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/TextureBindings.gen.cs:255)
    MMT.MobileMovieTexture.AllocateTexures () (at Assets/Extensions/MobileMovieTexture/MobileMovieTexture.cs:480)
    MMT.MobileMovieTexture.Update () (at Assets/Extensions/MobileMovieTexture/MobileMovieTexture.cs:353)

Any help would be very appreciated