Search Unity

Mobile Movie Texture

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by DanTreble, Dec 17, 2011.

1. pkennedy

pkennedy

OK user error of some sort. UVT does work in conjunction with Metaio in Unity.

2. VamshiKrishnaP

VamshiKrishnaP

in my api, audio is not playing. is there any mistake in my game settings ?

3. VamshiKrishnaP

VamshiKrishnaP

Hi, is there any sample package for these steps ? can you attach here or send to my pm?

have a byte[] in a scriptable object
    load the movie data into the byte array in a editor script
    package the scriptable object asset into the asset bundle
    when doenloaded, save out the byte array to a file
    play the file

4. pinchmass

pinchmass

can anyone confirm before purshase if this is that asset for me, (the demo did not show the chromakey / transparent feature)

I have two version ov my video (1 black and white to use as a luminance mat version) and the other in colour. I presume I can use both video with your asset to get video play back with transparency (for mobile)

also I was wanting to use this solution in Vurforia AR anyone had success with this ?

fingers crossed

5. sendal

sendal

I do not speak English /
    Query
    How android path change ?
    Not StreamingAssets Folder
    other Folder path play movie texture // How??

6. costathi

costathi

Hi,

Is there a way to make the plugin works for Windows Store and Windows Phone build?

Thanks

7. Totoro83y

Totoro83y

I've a very strange problem (or at least it seems funny to me).
    I'm using a video with split alpha, converted with ffmpeg2theora (i tried with 0.28 and 0.29, with similar results).
    When I tried in the unity preview, or with the old model of nexus 7, all went gone.
    I tried it with S3 and S advance, too, and I have had the problem in these devices.

I don't know if I'm right, but it's like if the video texture was double buffered. One of the two buffers is updated when it should. The other one is only seldom updated. So two images flicker, a old one and the new one.

I tried to decrease frame rating, like with:

Application.targetFrameRate = 15;

but it made all worse. The incorrect frame was updated more slowly, and even the correct one wasn't updated, sometimes (especially with very low values of the frame rate).

So I tried to make the video lighter (even if the video was very, very fluid), and it seemed to work, at first, reducing the problem. But I reduced the quality even more, and the problem came out again with the same intensity than before, so I think that was only luck.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  8. DanTreble

DanTreble

Sorry to hear you are having troubles Totoro83y, is there any chance you can mail me a small project to take a look at please? I have a old model nexus7 to test on.

Thanks

9. Totoro83y

Totoro83y

I sent it yesterday ;)

10. hollym16

hollym16

I've worked out how to chroma key using your shader "YCrCbtoChromaKey" but it seems to be changing the colour of the movie clip. Do you know why this is? I'm using the demo version by the way

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  11. GrannySmith

GrannySmith

I've got the same errors too. Unfortunately I have no idea what to do, or what the problem even is.
    Anyone else got the errors and might have even fixed them?

thanks in advance

12. Totoro83y

Totoro83y

Ok, I solved it with a work around. For some reason (that I don't know) the video have some problem with the "Don't clear" flag of the camera (even if there is a camera under it). I don't need the flag in the exact moment the video is played, so I temporary disable it.

13. KIACAO

KIACAO

Hi.

I bought "Mobile Movie Texture" with Asset Store of Unity.
    But i have always the problem "Exception: Problem opening movie", so i can not play the video ogg.
    So sorry and it's so trouble...
    Can anyone give me some help, thanks so much!

14. lmbarns

lmbarns

How do the values work for the chroma key shader? I just want to find black but can't figure out how to get the value for the color....

15. SaudAli3

SaudAli3

Dan, Does you player has seekTo(int frameNumber) feature to play videos file ? I am looking for a cross platform video player that gives control to play selected video frames like AVFoundation framework works in IOS. Guys, please help me find the right video player for my game.

16. coadyj

coadyj

Can you play files outside of the streaming assets folder?
    for example I am on android and I want to put RocketBunnies and have it read from
    /storage/emulated/0/Documents/RocketBunnies.ogg

I have tried changing the MobileMovieTexture.cs to point directly to that file, any ideas?

17. adanlevy

adanlevy

Hi, eveything works ok on Android Samsung S2, but on Huawei I am seeing green areas over the videos. Can this be solved? Do you have information about this issue?

Thank you!

18. e3di

e3di

Hi,

I was wondering if Mobile Movie texture played audio yet?

Also can I run two videos at once, both with alphas on iOS?

Cheers

Neil

19. e3di

e3di

Is this product still being supported? I have posted here and email Defiant, no answer....

20. Weinreich

Weinreich

Greetings DanTreble/everybody!!

Just bought your Mobile Movie Texture asset for Unity!

However when I have published and installed it (even your standart scenes included) I only get a purple plan (bought on my nexus 10 and nexus 5)... NO MOVIE is being played :( .... however it works well in the unity windows editor :/ !!

PLEASE HELP... im on a deadline!!

Thanks for any help you may have!!!
    Rune Weinreich

21. helioxfilm

helioxfilm

Hi Dan,

we have some trouble with the plugin. We have a series of short tutorial videos. We play them at two places in the game: once in the tutorial section, once in-game at certain breakpoints. The problem is, the once one of the videos are played, we cannot play that video again. We receive black screen only (while our separately played audio track plays well). Could you help us?

Best,
    Gyula

22. ZenithCode

ZenithCode

Does this plugin supports APK + OBB split option in Unity?

I've tried the demo but it does not work when we switch to this option.

Thanks.

23. ducanhtuvu

ducanhtuvu

Can we have the transparent shader?

$Screen Shot 2014-01-22 at 1.51.44 PM.png

24. Manul

Manul

Hi Dan,

I get the follwoing exception on startup of a splitted Android App:
    I could trace it back to the MobileMovieTexture Plugin. There are
    other people with the same problem recently on the Unity forum
    (http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/115885-Mobile-Movie-Texture/page27?p=1491111&viewfull=1#post1491111)
    Can you fix this? Any recommendations on how to get it working?

Have a nice day,
    Manuel

I/Unity (17890): AndroidJavaException:
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
    com.android.vending.expansion.zipfile.ZipResourceFile
    I/Unity (17890): at UnityEngine.AndroidJNISafe.CheckException ()
    [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity (17890): at
    UnityEngine.AndroidJNISafe.CallStaticObjectMethod (IntPtr clazz,
    IntPtr methodID, UnityEngine.jvalue[] args) [0x00000] in <filename
    unknown>:0
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject._CallStatic[AndroidJavaObject]
    (System.String methodName, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in
    <filename unknown>:0
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject.CallStatic[AndroidJavaObject]
    (System.String methodName, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in
    <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity (17890): at UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject.FindClass
    (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject._AndroidJavaObject (System.String
    className, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I/Unity (17890): at UnityEngine.AndroidJavaObject..ctor
    (System.String className, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename
    unknown>:0
    I/Unity (17890): at AssetStream.G

25. Manul

Manul

Traced it back to AssetStream.cs Line48
    cachedZipFile = new AndroidJavaObject("com.android.vending.expansion.zipfile.ZipResourceFile", zipFilePath);

26. Manul

Manul

Thanks for the help, Dan.

Actually the problem was that the file with the missing class got lost from the Plugin folder on a project upgrade. Your info prompted me to check the Plugins folder against the contents of your package.

On 28.01.2014 13:52, Dan Treble wrote:
    > I think this is the
    > problem http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/115885-Mobile-Movie-Texture/page21?p=1157099&viewfull=1#post1157099
    >
    > and I think this is the
    > answer http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/115885-Mobile-Movie-Texture/page22?p=1160831&viewfull=1#post1160831
    >

27. zuizuimei

zuizuimei

thanks .it is very good.

28. KK_MVR

KK_MVR

Hi,

MP4 video will play with this plug-in in window mode ?
    Or, it can play only a OGV video ?

Thanks,
    Kishore

29. DanTreble

DanTreble

Only ogg/theora video

30. DavidRDev

DavidRDev

Hey Dan, we've implemented the demo to try out and we're experiencing this issue... We're seeing the video display the correct image for one frame and then completely change to a different color palette and it doesn't actually show either the water mark or the actual video.

Colors are way off for the video, do you have any clue what's going on?

Would gladly purchase the plugin if it resolved this issue but it appears something else is happening.

31. jashan

jashan

Just trying out the demo on my Mac (running 10.8.5). At first, it seems like it's working fine in the editor. But when I do a build, the app freezes before even starting. When I don't start playing the video, the app works fine in standalone mode.

Now I tried to exit Unity - and Unity crashes ... which most likely has to do with MobileMovieTexture. It seems the demo is still 1.1.1 while the released version is already 1.1.7a. Is there any chance to get an updated demo version? It would be unfortunate if I didn't buy this just because the demo has bugs that the released version has not. On the other hand, it would be very unfortunate if I bought this just to find out the released version has the same issues that I already saw in the demo.

This is on Unity 4.3.4, btw.

32. DavidRDev

DavidRDev

Hey it sounds like we have a similar issue here. The weirdness I was getting I fixed by doing the following:

-removed all dll files and plugin files related to Mobile Movie Texture
    -restarted unity (this is a big required step seems like libraries need to reload or something)
    -Imported non-demo Mobile Movie Texture
    -Restarted unity(out of paranoia)
    -100% Works!

No longer having issues on mobile devices.

33. jashan

jashan

Thanks ... after Unity had crashed, I continued working on the project and did some iOS builds which all worked fine ... so I ended up buying the package and am very happy so far :)

I'm not sure if my issue was with just the demo package, or whether it was fixed by closing / re-opening Unity (and still on the demo package). I did run into some issue (an exception during runtime) after upgrading from the demo package to the paid package from the asset store. But that was easily fixed by restarting Unity (I guess that had to do with the DLL-Plugins which maybe are not automatically re-loaded in Unity ... so for that, a Unity restart seems to be needed).

EDIT: Oh, and btw, Dan got back to me quite quickly after I had sent him an email ;-)

34. Loyalwater

Loyalwater

Can you please confirm that we CANNOT have any audio in our OGG videos ? I want to purchase this plugin but need audio as well.

35. DanTreble

DanTreble

Audio is not supported. Sorry

36. wilco64256

wilco64256

It is SUPER easy to just play the audio separately yourself via a simple script. In our projects where we use this, we just have a script that starts the audio via an ogg file that was split out from the video. Works just fine.

37. kclai

kclai

Hi,

newbie here. Can you advise what's the pixel size limit for your plugin? is it work if I use a video with 2048*2048@30fps on decent mobile phones like iphone5 Galaxy S4? thanks

38. DanTreble

DanTreble

Sounds ambitious. Download the demo and give it a try. Do you need a movie bigger than the screen dimensions?

39. yuriythebest

yuriythebest

Hi! I have bought the plugin and it is awesome! Is it possible to set the movie to a specific time - for example, the movie is paused but you can manually set it like so:

if not will this be hard to implement?

40. Entity3Limited

Entity3Limited

Hi,

I have owned this plugin for quite some time and always face issues with it. Please help with the below.

When compiling to Android some videos just come out as a pink screen and some green. Some work fine. Why? and is there a fix.

Second, when will you make this work with WIndows Phones?

Thanks in advance

41. DanTreble

DanTreble

I have submitted a version with this functionality, hopefully it should be live soon!

42. DanTreble

DanTreble

Can you send me one of these videos please? You have to make me aware of the problem before I can fix it! Thanks for buying the plugin though.

Quite possibly, never. You are the second person that asked. 2 sales isn't enough!

43. Entity3Limited

Entity3Limited

Its nothing to do with the video I don't think. Each video is converted to an ogv from an swf animation. Each is the same resolution and frame rate.
    All play fine in the editor, just not in Android. I notice a post earlier in the thread with some code on how to resize to each screen size, but the code would not work. Any advice appreciated here.

Hmm, I think you have had more than 2 sales. If not then maybe lower the price, release some update and support the buyers?

44. DanTreble

DanTreble

Regardless, I need you to send me a reproducible bug, then I can fix it.

I'll look into adding that functionality to the package.

45. mgk4000

mgk4000

Hi Dan,

I'm trying to download the demo version from the link in this thread, but it's broken.
    Is the demo version no longer available?

Cheers,

Micha

46. DanTreble

DanTreble

Should be fixed now. Sorry, took me a while to make it small enough to attach.

47. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

This isn't working for me. It solved 2 out of 3 link errors. The remaining error is:
    This is after a complete rebuild of the Xcode project, and manually including the libtheorawrapper.a file.

Both files are listed in the Libraries folder of the Xcode project.

48. DanTreble

DanTreble

Weird, I don't think -liPhone-lib is anything to do with me. Could this be from another plugin? Or is this just my 2.0.2 demo project?

Unity 4.3 XCode 5.1?

49. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

I wouldn't have thought it was this, but we previously built fine and I don't believe we have any other plugins.

Unity 4.3, Xcode 5.02, and the plugin as downloaded from the Asset Store about 4 hours ago.

50. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

I may have found the error. It's looking for "liPhone-lib", not "libiPhone.lib".

Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with Xcode to easily track down where that's coming from...

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014