Search Unity

TextMesh Pro Mobile input still present despite being toggled off on TMP Input Field

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by paulnoujaim, May 7, 2021.

1. paulnoujaim

paulnoujaim

Hello!

I am working on a project in Unity 2020.3.6f1 targeting Android and iOS. This same issue was present when building with 2019.4 LTS as well. I am using TMP version 3.0.6. The problem I am experiencing only occurs on Android.

My TMP Input Field has "Hide Mobile Input" checked. When I tap the Input Field on an Android device and start typing, the Mobile Input box is physically present in the scene despite being disabled. If I tap where I would expect it to be, the keyboard is not minimized, and the cursor jumps around as if it was enabled. If I gradually move my finger higher in the screen, the app regains focus and the keyboard disappears.

I have attached the settings on my Input Field, as well as 2 screenshots in the actual app.

One is using the default keyboard. Here, the mobile input is invisible, but still present.
    In the second, I am using a custom Fleksy keyboard (Version 10.2.7 (3376), if it is relevant). In this instance, the invisible text in the mobile input is underlined, and grows and shrinks as I type/erase.

To reproduce this issue, I created a new Unity 2020.3.6f1 2D project. I added a canvas set to shrink to a screen size of 800x600, and added a TMP Input Field as a child of the canvas with the attached settings. Then I built to my device.

The devices I have tested this on:
    Samsung Galaxy S20 5g
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Ideally I would like to hide this completely. If any additional information is needed please feel free to ask.
    Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. paulnoujaim

paulnoujaim

Unfortunately, I haven't had any success in resolving this issue. I've tried updating to 2020.3.8 with no change. Any insight as to why this may be happening would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I see now from this page that the mobile input hiding is only a visual effect. Is there any way around this? When building using 2019.2.9, this issue was not present. It wasn't until I updated to 2019.4.21 that I started seeing it.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  3. paulnoujaim

paulnoujaim

Assuming this being fixed for Unity will fix it in TMP as well, then this page is the solution to my problem.

4. asd4906asd

asd4906asd

Thanks for sharing