Search Unity

Mobile games

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Tetwisted, May 26, 2018.

1. Tetwisted

Tetwisted

Hello, I am sorry for bothering you guys, but can I get help on mobile game dev?
    Everywhere I look I only find parts that don't connect to a whole so do you know a place I can find the whole one piece?

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

This is the place to get help, and it's no bother.

But... whole one-piece what?

3. jhocking

jhocking

What is your current skill level? Where you need to go from here depends on what you already know. For example, if you already know how to program then my book is a good resource about how to develop a game, and it includes coverage of deploying your game on mobile. However that's not a great place to start if you don't know how to program.

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You're unlikely to find a tutorial that covers every detail of developing a game from end to end for every mobile platform. It would be far too long, and each game will have its own specific details that you would need covered. You'll have far better luck going through some general tutorials (not necessarily even mobile specific), and then tackling issues as they come up.

5. verybinary

verybinary

Game dev is game dev.
    Picking up a weapon, saving a princess, buying an item from a shop, its game dev.
    In Unity, its very easy to convert to or from mobile.
    so... don't focus on mobile. focus on game dev.
    Parts are fine too. Find a tutorial on finding a powerup. Find a tutorial on shooting down an enemy ship.
    These are parts of "all games", it will just look and behave different in each.
    So, learn Unity (https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials) and it will more than likely be applicable for mobile as well.

6. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Okay. What kind of help do you need?

Also, welcome to the Unity Forums Tetwisted . :)