Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

{Mobile Games} Make a lot of games and pray for one to be successful ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maximalniq, Jul 28, 2015.

1. maximalniq

maximalniq

Hello I learned Unity and practiced a lot with mobile games. I am on a level that i can make a new simple game every 1-2 weeks and post it on the AppStore (Only on Android , don't have Macbook), but is it worth it ? I don't have money for advertisement and i can't put 500$ on every game to help it grow. Can I succeed if I focus on quantity and pray for one game to grow and make a lot of profit or I am doomed ?

Thanks for every future post, I hope someone will reply :)

2. Ony

Ony

Are the games you are able to make in 1-2 weeks good games? Be honest with yourself. Are they games that will catch people's eye and are fun to play? Or are you just scattershotting random games out there as fast as you can in the hopes that one of them is a hit?

Focusing on quantity is a pretty good way to aim towards success, but make sure you're focused on quality first, or else you'll just end up cluttering the game landscape with a bunch of things nobody wants and that you aren't making any profit from.

If your games kick ass and the people that play them say hell yeah this game kicks ass then by all means start banging them out and make some good money. If no one's really interested then I think you should figure that part out first before planning to take over the marketplace with quantity.

3. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Not really. Little games like that don't really pan out. Sure, you can hope they do, but there isn't precedent. Additionally, the android market is flooded with that stuff, and makes less than the AppStore. I better plan would be to spend several months building a decent quality game and putting some thought and research into it and build a game that has a chance of success. But if you are having fun building little games, go for it, just don't do it expecting to make money.
    Best of luck!