Search Unity

mobile game simulation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by matrex_a1990, Feb 10, 2020.

1. matrex_a1990

matrex_a1990

hello all, i wanna make a simulation game, now while i'm still planing and get everything ready to start my project.

a simulation game like mall or others stuff usually have building level and collect coin etc..

now to store theses thing as i know you have to get an mysql server for it, now i have two question here

first: is it ok to get a shared hosing so then i could have a website and an mysql in it too or its gonne be slow or what ??

second: does unity offer any sql host solution ? i know they have Multiplay but as i know this for multiplayer case.

if you have any advice for me will be great

thank's a lot

2. Lemar76

Lemar76

I don't see that you have a use case for a MySQL database. It allows multiple user to simultaneously access data stored and to store large amount of data.
    If you don't have a multiplayer game or the need to store large amount of data in a "certain" way all you want, is to store your games current state in a file, save games. MySQL is the software on top of "saving data to file" to allow above use cases, access from multiple user at the same time and store it in a "certain" way.
    But lets say if you wanted to build a multiplayer game with a mysql backend then you certainly don't want a shared hosting except maybe for prototyping and internal testing but you also needed then to check if the hosting provider allows the use of their mysql database for gaming use cases.

The way you asking I would recommend to check out some beginner tutorials or udemy courses.

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  3. matrex_a1990

matrex_a1990

thank's for the reply,,

you didn't understand my point, save game data on file sure that kinda the way it work but its not locally.

i said "a simulation game like mall or others stuff usually have building level and collect coin etc.. " these type of games have a cloud save only so you can't modifier data file or cheat, and there'e will be a calculate for the time for building progress and your money earn throw time, as i know all these happen in sql server

imagine clash of clans game with just building and upgrade without any team fight we are building stuff, for sure i won't do a local save, and the cloud one will be calculate by time and other function to make sure there's no cheating around ..

that what i want to do.

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

There are database as a service providers you can look at. As you already mentioned you could roll your own database as well. Which is best depends on your game, how much control you want, how much responsibility you want, and what cost structure you want. Unity does not have their own in house database service.

You haven't provided enough information for anyone to really give you a firm recommendation.

5. matrex_a1990

matrex_a1990

thank's for the reply,

i'm sorry for the miss info, i'm still planing the game but i know the type of it what will be .

i give you clash of clans game as example without the multiplayer attack side.

here's the info of my game

1) i wanna store the current level of the building object , like a ice cream store at first he will get lvl 1 and upgrade it
    2) gonna need a cloud calculate for the time remain for the upgrade
    3) store the save file for all progress
    4) calculate the coin gain by time he left the game until the warehouse fill
    5) store item count in the game.
    6) for sure always connect to the internet is requirement here.

this is in general the most thing in my mind now, is there any other info you want ?