Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile Game: How to attach animation data into addressable / asset bundles?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by zoudarren7, Mar 12, 2021.

1. zoudarren7

zoudarren7

Hi, I know how to create asset bundles of simple prefabs and then fetching them from the web. But I am wondering how will I animate those assets? Preferably I would like to store the animation assets in the cloud as well to save space. How would I do this?

Let's say it's a player prefab and it has 3 animation states, currently, I am thinking about writing a script that applies to them all. Does this mean the unity animator tool interface would be of no help for me and I'll have to code them?

Second question: If I am finished using the prefab to build an asset bundle/ addressable, should I delete it to save space? Or is it okay to keep them there since I am not directly using them in my project because I am fetching the bundle from the cloud at run-time and caching it. I would prefer not to delete them but if it saves me space I guess I would.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Everything needed is included... it's a dependency tree.

The only exception is scripts; they are never included.

I guess that depends if you want your game to run without being able to connect to the internet.

unityunity