Search Unity

Mobile Game Crashes With Gaia Terrain in Scene

Discussion in 'World Building' started by edrogersiv, Aug 16, 2018.

1. edrogersiv

edrogersiv

Hello. I've reached out to Procedural Worlds, but wanted to seek help here also.

We've recently come across an issue where our mobile game crashes upon loading a scene that includes a Gaia terrain. Taking the terrain out of the scene fixes the issue. This wasn't an issue until the terrain was modified in another scene. This problem now occurs with any Gaia terrain in the scene. However, the game runs fine in the editor and the standard Unity terrain doesn't cause this issue on mobile. We'd very much prefer to use Gaia instead of the standard terrain.

I did a test where I removed the Gaia terrain from the scene and started with a fresh one. I continued to test the game with each step of the terrain creation process. Adding a blank terrain worked, as did the stamp and terrain size settings. However, once I added spawners and smoothed the terrain, the crash happened again. I'm completely stumped on how to fix this. Any help anyone can provide would be fantastic.

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Either hook up a debugger to the device and see where the crash is, or else try to capture the log output (either off XCode for iOS or off adb logcat for Android) and see if you can get any valuable clues.