Search Unity

[Mobile][Free] Dino Rush Race - 2D multiplayer runner with level editor

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Ponytech, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Ponytech

Ponytech

Hello!

We are Nemoïd Studio a small indie game studio from France. We have just published the sequel of our successful 2010 endless runner Dino Rush.

This new game is still a runner, but a challenging racing game: go faster than your opponents over fifty funny levels. Compare your best times with your friends on each level leaderboard.

If it's not enough the game includes a level editor, to make your own tracks and share them with the community.

As every small indie studio, we put a lot of effort into making the game (development took almost 2 years, even using Unity). It is free to play, please give it a try and share your feedback. Thanks!

iOS : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dino-rush-race/id1308363336?mt=8

Play store (in beta): https://play.google.com/apps/testing/net.ponytech.dinorushrace

2. eluukkanen

eluukkanen

Looks simple and sweet. The fact that it has a level editor makes it even better for people who want to challenge their friends. Does muliplayer work with Wifi phone to phone, or has it to be in online?

3. Nowlz

Nowlz

I think you may have to revisit the permissions your app requests. When I installed on android it asked for permission to manage and make calls as well as for access to contacts, media and photos which I denied.

This would usually cause me to immediately uninstall.

The game itself looks good, I'll try it out later.

4. Ponytech

Ponytech

Hello!

Multiplayer is actually asynchronous (you are playing against ghosts). It needs to be online to download the ghost.

5. Ponytech

Ponytech

That's a very good point. The Android version is still in beta and permissions is one thing we have to handle.

Making calls permissions had been added by Unity, from what I read, to have access to SystemInfo.deviceUniqueIdentifier. I understand this is scary and we have to investigate if it is true and how to circumvent this.

Media access is for storing files on the user device, which is needed for the local database we use to store the player's progression.