Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile Car Pack for Game Developers

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JamesArndt, Oct 6, 2013.

1. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Hi everyone. Throwing this out there for any game developers. Complete low poly car asset pack. If you're not interested please disregard, if you are follow through and check out all of the imagery and details. What you see below is the full car pack. The colored models are completed right now and the grayed out ones are in production.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/low-poly-car-garage-sale

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  2. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Attached Files:

3. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Work in Progress of one of the High Performance Cars being completed today. This one is based on the Bugatti Veyron. I will however not be modeling some of the Veyron specific details. Going to make this one just appear to be an exotic high end car mixed with body lines, etc of other high end cars.

4. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Completed modeling on the "Veyron" inspired exotic vehicle. Came in at 1,166 polys, so well under the 1,200 limit. Changed the vehicle quite a bit, no distinctive front grille, removed front bumper air intake ports, side ports, changed the rear of the vehicle to have a custom rear bumper, changed a lot of the body lines to be more like a Porsche.

5. tripknotix

tripknotix

I'm not able to see your screenshots at work =( nor the video, its all blocked =/ or else i could see if its something im interested in. DropBox is unfortunately blocked at because its a common method for sending/receiving mass amounts of content -_-''

6. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

7. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Completed the 7th vehicle for the mobile car pack. This one came in at 1,202 polygons with a 512x512 PSD texture. If interested in obtaining any of these cars follow through to the link: http://igg.me/at/mobilecarpack/x/2305754

8. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

9. huxley

huxley

nice looking work. +1 for a full pack contribution.

This is a steal @ $30, but even $45 once the pack gets on the asset store is a great price.

10. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

@huxley - Awesome. Yeah as a 3d artist, I've always found it's super handy to have a library of efficient models with uvs/textures laying around. Textures can always be customized and modified, it's the modeling and laying out UVs that's a pain in the rear.

11. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

NEW BONUS: Included with every perk $10 and above is the complete Modular City Pack. What good are a pack of vehicles without roads to drive them on? Here are a few images to show the pack and some of the technical details. This pack is already completed and ready for delivery. The pack will be delivered via digital download in Unity package format and FBX file formats. All associated textures are included.

12. tripknotix

tripknotix

are you going to include any baked 100poly ish cars for their far lod, with like a 500 poly close up version, kinda thing? still targetting very low end devices on my side, even player models on my side lod to 150 polys

13. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Yes each vehicle comes with 3 LODs. The LOD information is on the campaign page.

14. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Update on the new #08 vehicle model for the pack. Model completed. Moving on to UVs and texturing.

15. tripknotix

tripknotix

they look great , any chance i can maybe get a screenshot of one of your lod2's ? possibly next to its lod0 and lod1 =) also a "triangles" count =) if possible, i bought a few of your other assets and they are great quality just a bit of confusion when you name everything as quad polygons. hard to image the quality u know what i mean.

16. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

The quality and edgeloop layout of these models are all right here. It's all on the page and even in a webplayer. Quad polygons are not confusing, its how artists model. If you want triangles, cut each quad across and count two tris per quad. The lods will be worked on in about two weeks, more towards the second half of the campaign.

17. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Completed Vehicle #08 texturing/uvs, it's production ready.

Here is a look at it rendered in the Unity Engine. 961 Polygons/ 512 x 512 diffuse PSD

and here is a a turnaround of the wireframe:

18. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

UPDATED:

I've updated the Unity webplayer to show a full 360 rotation of the completed models thus far. You'll get a better idea of the detail and shading of the geometry in this scene. I've also made a few changes on the reflection map and some details on the earlier models. Halfway through the pack only 7 days in!

WEBPLAYER DEMO

19. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

20. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

21. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Vehicle #09 texturing/uvs/modeling completed. This is the asset rendered in the Unity Game Engine. The vehicle is loosely based around a Focus RS racing vehicle. This model came in at 875 polygons and a 512 x 512 texture map.

22. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

The new little hatchback is finally in the webplayer build (playable vehicle).

WEBPLAYER DEMO

23. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

24. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

25. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

This is the "Porsche 911" inspired vehicle. Came in for the final poly count at 930 polygons. Uses a 512 x 512 customizable PSD texture. I've also finally came up with a shader for Unity that will allow you to "paint" only the metal car body with the Unity color picker! Will show that off in the next demo build.

http://igg.me/at/mobilecarpack/x/2305754

26. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Vehicle #12 (Modern Muscle) Modeling/IUVs completed.

Model came in at 864 polygons for the LOD 0 (highest LOD). The vehicle is a reference to a 2010 Camaro, but has been modeled to not match it's real world counterpart 100%. The design is a mix of multiple vehicles and artistic license. If you're a developer and interested in the Mobile Car Pack please visit:

27. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Bought the full pack on indiegogo.
    Thank you for making it :)

28. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Well thank you for supporting its creation! It's probably the best value on the web right now for low poly cars.

29. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Modern Muscle Car (rendered in Unity Game Engine)

#12 of the vehicles to be completed. This model came in at 978 polygons for the final count and uses a 512 x 512 texture for the diffuse and reflection (in alpha channel). If you're interested in acquiring this large pack of low poly cars and the complete modular city kit please visit:

30. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Classic Muscle Car (Vehicle 13)

Inspired by the 1969 Pontiac GTO, this model came in at 990 polygons, using a 512 x 512 diffuse texture (with alpha channel reflection). If you'd like to know more about this low poly model and others, please check out:

31. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Modern Performance Vehicle (based on the Dodge Viper)

This model came in at 985 polygons for the LOD0. The model is loosely based around the design of a Dodge Viper. Check out the crowdfunding effort which is now 110% over goal! If you want to get in on this awesome deal there is still 57 hours left.

32. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Classic American Vehicle (Car #15 based on 1976 Gran Torino)

This model came in at 894 polygons, and also uses a 512 x 512 hand painted texture. The reflection intensity and mask are contained in the alpha channel of the diffuse texture. This campaign blew away my expectations and now sits at 116% funded.

33. huxley

huxley

Congrats of meeting your funding goal, well deserved!!

34. kenlem

kenlem

Hi James,

I just got in to the campaign. The cars are really awesome.

35. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I wanted to do a little promotion for my current game. For this week only, if you give a review to the game on Google Play and I confirm it, you can get my entire Low Poly Car pack for free.

Here is the page with all info on the car pack:
    http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/low-poly-car-garage-sale

The review doesn't have to be stellar, just an honest opinion.
    Here is the link to try out the game:
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fatboxSoftware.SkateNCrash

Don't forget to email me or pm me with the username you submitted your review with so I can send out your pack!

36. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

37. Skyfly

Skyfly

I pm'ed you, I left a review for your game few days ago :D

38. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Skyfly - Ah missed it. Shoot me an email to arndtjam@aol.com and I'll send those over to you.

James

39. rcober

rcober

Hey James - I posted a review - nice little game.... smooth graphics ... I like it :)

40. thedreamer

thedreamer

If I purchase your asset.. Can I use this car without car company's licence?