Search Unity

Mobile Ads - Simple way to integrate ads in your app

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by GleyGames, May 1, 2018.

?

What other advertisers we should add to our plugin?

Poll closed Oct 21, 2019.
  1. Facebook Ads

64.7%
  2. AppLovin

34.1%
  3. Tapjoy

10.6%
  4. MoPub

15.3%
  5. LeadBolt

7.1%
  6. ironSource

20.0%
  7. inMobi

8.2%
  8. Mobusi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Appnext

2.4%
  10. Appodeal

8.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello! I replied to your requests also via email in less than one day. Please use only one mean of communication to better track the responses. I can only tell you the same response to your problem:

As the error says, you have not added the add provider's SDK and you may have pressed the Save button firstly.
    Please follow carefully the steps in the video:

If you can not access the account of the ad provider (as the images from the e-mail showed), I suggest you to ask the ad provider (AppLovin) for technical support or choose another one...

2. jahro2772

jahro2772

hello unity ads works fine but admob ads are not visible.
    I am using the latest versions.

Attached Files:

3. GleyGames

GleyGames

To test Admob, make sure you
    1.enroll your app in a testing environment (eg. Google Play Console-internal testing) and
    2.download your app via tester's link.
    3.Moreover, make sure you press save in the Gley window.

For further technical support, please provide information in English to our support email adress
    gley.assets@gmail.com,
    -open the testAds scene included in the package,
    -enable debug mode
    -send captures with the log messages
    Please include your invoice number in the email, as it is stated on the asset store.

Have a nice day!

4. TillmaniaLtd

TillmaniaLtd

Hey, I keep getting no ads with Admob. Unity Ads seems to be working fine. Using the latest versions of all pluggins and SDKs. In the test scene it shows No Banner Available.

5. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    To get Admob ads your app needs to be downloaded from google play using your test account, otherwise no ads will be shown.

6. htdreams

htdreams

Hi!

just a quick question I can't find in the documentation:

I'm using admob to show rewarded videos, so, upon starting my game I call Advertisements.Instance.Initialize()

Several seconds later (because in our game user can request a video reward per day, but must go to an option menu to request it) the user launches the view add, in which we check Advertisements.Instance.IsRewardVideoAvailable() so if it's true, we call ShowReardedVideo, but if not we are showing a message to tell user to wait some seconds and try again...

Sometimes video is ready, and shows fine, but sometimes no... using the same wifi connection in the terminal... so we don't know why this happens..

Is this the correct way to do so? in your examples I see you call the isrewardvideoavailable, but you don't do alternatives... do we must call again initialize? I didn't see also in the available methods in Advertisements.Instance any way to "reload" or "force load" videos...

Thanks!!

7. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,

The initialization at the beginning of the game is a good choice as well as calling the method to display the ad after your check whether or not it is available as shown in the testAds scene we included in the package.
    "do we must call again initialize?"-> you need to call it once at the beginning of the game

The fact that sometimes the ads are not available depends on the ad provider ('s servers, etc.). No one guarantees a full fill-in rate, that's why mediation is recommended.

What ad provider do you use?

Sorry for the late reply, but we either were in a short winter break or we only checked the support channels (email and discord). For faster support, please use discord: https://discord.com/invite/7eSvKKW

Have a great week ahead!

8. knuppel

knuppel

Hi, in all scenes, also TestScene and Implementation, i always get a "No Banners available" message.
    https://ibb.co/M8ZrSrw
    Any idea what else i can do get the banners shown?

9. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hi, @knuppel!
    1. Where do you test? if you test in the Unity Editor, please download your app via a store (i.e. for Android from Google Play console via tester's link after you enrolled your app in a testing scenario like in my video on Youtube)
    2. What ad provider do you use? if Unity, then their banners are mostly unavailable. In this case we recommend using other providers.
    For further tech support write us via email stating your Invoice Number or Join Discord (https://discord.com/invite/7eSvKKW).

10. Starbox

Starbox

The plugin is working wonderfully. However Unity is pushing users to move to their Ads Mediation package (since the merging with IronSource).
    Is the "legacy" package slated to break down and encounter compatibility issues in the near future?
    Also, it is possible that using the old package will create issues with the Unity Dashboard.
    Are there plans for the Gley Ads plugin to also work with the new package?

11. GleyGames

GleyGames

Regarding LevelPlay, people encountered some issues when trying to import their SDK even in an empty project (so no Gley package involved) following their guidance a few days ago. We personally encountered issues like the one on this forum thread last time we tested: https://forum.unity.com/threads/win...dencies-cannot-find-file-gradlew-bat.1379184/.
    We updated our package in December for their Unity Mediation, but it was in vain because Unity decided to decline Unity Mediation and merge with IronSource, proposing LevelPlay. We will stay tunned for their news and after that we will try again to develop and include these ads. We well have a look and we will announce what's next as soon as we have updates. Thanks for your curiosity!

Sorry for the delayed answer but we priorities the technical support channels messages (our email and discord) and our response time is up to 2 working days.

12. Aanandkumar

Aanandkumar

Hi

Unity Version:
    Created new project > Imported Gley Mobile Tools from package manager > Enabled the Admob and sets all the IDs

but after that I am getting these 36 errors check video link attached

Assets/GleyPlugins/Ads/Scripts/SupportedAdvertisers/CustomAdmob.cs(207,37): error CS1061: 'InterstitialAd' does not contain a definition for 'IsLoaded' and no accessible extension method 'IsLoaded' accepting a first argument of type 'InterstitialAd' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

13. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello! Google has recently updated their package to v.8.0.0. Therefore, we will come back with an update asap. Thanks for your patience!

14. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hi, everyone! For this error, please update Gley package to the latest version on the Asset store.

Aanandkumar likes this.
  15. mncgames

mncgames

Hi,

in our rewarded ads, we have several app unit ids, each ids has its own purpose (like for shop, multiply prize, etc). In the ad setting window, there is only one panel to fill in the id. is there any way to override the ad unit id?
    thanks

16. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    Our package does not support multiple ad units IDs. For that you need to modify Custom[YourAdProvider].cs. but is is not an easy process. If you need multiple units don't use our package.

17. owyang

owyang

Hello GleyGames, thanks for the great plugin, I'm new here. I noticed the facebook ads is marked as deprecated, its that mean facebook ads is not supported now?

18. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    Facebook ads cannot be integrated as an independent solution for some time now. If you want to integrate Facebook ads you need to do it using mediation through other providers like Admob, ironSource, Applovin etc. So in our plugin you need to integrate just one of the above, and mediate through them which is fully supported.

19. owyang

owyang

Thanks you! I will try it.

20. jasonjakhun

jasonjakhun

hello, i use Advertisements.Instance.Initialize(); at the beginning of my game as recommended and it works fine on unity editor for only one time , when stop the game in unity and restart it it does not initialize

21. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hi,
    I don't know what code you are using. Please test the TestAds scene we included in our package and configure as in the tutorials. Verify that it works for your case, with your IDs , etc. Only then, compare our implementation with the implementation in your project and check what needs to be changed.
    Please write only to one mean of tech support communication to ease both your and our work, not to every single tech support channel. Thanks for understanding!

22. asad148

asad148

Is it possible to have 2 interstitial Ids in admob. If not please give me a solution to this as I have to implement this.

23. GleyGames

GleyGames

With our asset that is not possible.

In order to do that you need to manage background load for each interstitial ID separately and our system can load in the background only a single ad of a specific type.

It is easier to implement it from 0 than to adapt our code.

24. setauz

setauz

Hello, we too have the same question, we are not using mediation (also we won't) and we have low fill rates. What we want is after app starts, check if an ad available, if not made another ad request. And repeat it every 10 seconds till we get a filled ad request.

Don't you have a method to manually repeat an ad request if we failed to get one at the start?

25. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,

If an ad fails to load, the asset will retry automatically again to load another one every 20 seconds for 10 times. Also if an ad is not available it will try again when the app is minimized and resumed.

Due to this there is not a method to manually request an ad.

setauz likes this.
  26. setauz

setauz

Thank you, thats what we want exactly.

GleyGames likes this.