Search Unity

Mobile Ads - Simple way to integrate ads in your app

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by GleyGames, May 1, 2018.

?

What other advertisers we should add to our plugin?

Poll closed Oct 21, 2019.
  1. Facebook Ads

64.7%
  2. AppLovin

34.1%
  3. Tapjoy

10.6%
  4. MoPub

15.3%
  5. LeadBolt

7.1%
  6. ironSource

20.0%
  7. inMobi

8.2%
  8. Mobusi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Appnext

2.4%
  10. Appodeal

8.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GleyGames

GleyGames

2. comrad3

comrad3

Is it possible to integrate fire-base analytic alone admob meditation ?using this plugin @GleyGames

3. comrad3

comrad3

Hello,
    thank for you help admob mediation is working awesome!!
    I have one more question about abmob Ad Units
    if i want to use increase ad unity of banner like 3 different banner then what should i do ?

4. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    Our plugin only supports a single ad unit ID for each type of ad, if you want more you will have to modify our plugin on your own. Thank you for understanding

5. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    Firebase is an analytics tool, so is independent of our ad tool. If you integrated in your app it will work

6. hamzaalibhatti

hamzaalibhatti

@GleyGames We purchse your plugin today and integrate admob and make the build it's working fine then we add chartboost and make the build first time its working fine the ad is showing if we run the app second time the app is crash then third time we run the app and app going crash again and again

7. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    From our store page:
    Capture.JPG

The chartboost SDK requres legacy android libraries and it is not compatible with the current AndroidX libraries. So chartboost is incompatible with plugins that are using the new androidx libraries. Sorry for the inconvenience but we made that anouncement on our store page.

8. cabanel

cabanel

Hi,
    is it possible to configure mediations in IOS to Android differently using the same AdOrder remote file?

for example:
    AdMob (android) 70%
    Facebook (android) 30%

AdMob (IOS) 60%
    Facebook (IOS) 40%

or should I create two different files?

thanks

9. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    You have to create to different file, on the same file there is only one type of mediation,

10. cabanel

cabanel

11. YongAiFaDian

YongAiFaDian

Imported the plugin then get the error show below, how to resolve it?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      33.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      396.6 KB
      Views:
  12. nemeth-regime

nemeth-regime

Hi, are there any additional steps that need to be taken with this asset when using only Admob and building for iOS using Unity cloud build? or is it just a case of import this asset, import googleads sdk and build with cloud build?

13. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    We did not test it with Unity Cloud build but you can test it before buying our asset.
    Please create an empty project and import the Admob ADK from here:
    https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-unity/releases

Then build your project using cloud build, if it builds it will build if you are using our plugin to show ads. If you have errors you should address them to Unity or Admob support since the Admob SDK is not developed by us.

14. r137

r137

When I try to use Vungle and IronSource SDK's at the same time I got this error message:

Duplicate class android.support.v4.app.INotificationSideChannel

I guess this is caused by inconsistent dependencies. Some SDK's use old android.support libraries, some others use new androidx libraries. I exported the project to android studio and tried different SDK versions, build tools etc. but couldn't get it working. I am aware of this problem is not directly related to this plugin but considering this plugin supports lots of SDKs is there a potential workaround?

15. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    Try to delete android-core-core from your libraries and it might fix your issue.

16. r137

r137

17. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hope that this SDK will be moved to production soon, since their current production SDK is old. We are glad you managed to fix your issue and thank you for sharing it for other users.

18. cabanel

cabanel

hi,
    how can I use Admob's Adaptive Banners?

thanks

19. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    Currently our asset does not support adaptive banners, but we will look into them and add the support in our next version of the asset.
    Thank you for the suggestion

20. iScriptz

iScriptz

Is there a way to enable test ads/Test mode? I can't seem to find the setting anywhere.

I have everything setup correctly to the best of my knowledge but the RewardedVideos and Interstitial for Admob are both coming back as "NoFill".

So I'll assume the best way to test things it to have it show me test ads.

21. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    In order to receive live ads from Admob, your app has to be signed with your release key and you have to fill your payment details inside your Admob Dashboard.
    Also you can test your app using test ads using the test IDs listed here:
    https://developers.google.com/admob/android/test-ads

22. mykhailov-ihor

mykhailov-ihor

Hi. Want to ask when you will add AdColony banners support?
    Thanks.

23. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    I am working this week at this, so this week should be live on asset store.. Thank you for using our tools

24. GS796

GS796

@GleyGames
    I bought the Mobile Tools pack, but am posting my question here.
    I am using Admob and want to setup multiple interstitial (and rewarded) placements with different price floors, and then waterfall down these placements to hit the highest value that will serve. I have 10 admob interstitial placements, all with descending price floors.

Two problems:
    1. The settings only allow a single interstitial (or rewarded) Ad ID per network.
    2. In the Mobile Ads settings window, it seems to only be able to mediate between different networks, not between placements with different price floors.

Am I missing something, and is this something you can support?
    Thanks in advance!

25. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    Thank you for using our product.
    What you are asking is not supported and it will never be, let me explain why.
    Our asset is also a mediation tool between multiple ad networks so to incorporate multiple IDs from the same advertiser in our mediation algorithms means that each new ID has to be set up as an independent ad network.
    Ex: You have 2 Admob IDs and a single Unity ads ID and you are using percent mediation. If you set up 50% Admob and 50% Unity, now you will need additional settings inside your Admob settings to specify what mediation should be used between IDs and that will over complicate our plugin and it will make it more hard to use for an inexperienced developer or for a non programmer and we have a lot of customers with very little programming knowledge.
    All our tools are designed with simplicity in mind. To achieve very complicated things with easy to use tools in a singe line of code. What you are asking is a highly advance feature specific for a single publisher and it will break our simplicity rule and consistency along advertisers and we cannot do that.
    Sorry, if this is what you are looking for, our asset is not for you and due to this reason we are willing to offer you a refund if you want. Write to us an e-mail at gley.assets@gmail.com with your invoice number and specify that you want a refund and we will process your request without any questions.
    Thank you!

26. sathya

sathya

Any updates on this feature?

27. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    Adaptive banners support for Admob was added in version 1.9.6, check the release notes:
    Adaptive banners.PNG

28. umwrya

umwrya

Hello, My app Crashes after build. no Errors. i have done resolve and force resolve. i even tried an empty project with you ad on only and i still get the same result. i tried google sdk 4.01, and the latest 5. same result

29. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    Please write an e-mail at gley.assets@gmail.com and specify the unity version that you are using and your invoice number.
    We will send you a complete project with Admob already integrated that works.
    If you want to debug your build you can connect your phone to android monitor and check what is the reason of the crash and we can help you solve it.
    Thank you!

30. sathya

sathya

@GleyGames Hi is it possible to run test ads universally? without setting it for each service?

31. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    That is not possible because for most of the advertisers you have to enable test mode from dashboard and cannot be accessed remotely.

32. sathya

sathya

@GleyGames Have you tried setting the game with Gradle template? anything to consider when doing Gradle build?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  33. GleyGames

GleyGames

Follow our tutorials on youtube channel if you have problems at build:
    https://www.youtube.com/c/gleygames

34. sathya

sathya

@GleyGames
    When I use my old Admob implementation with live ad IDs everything works normally
    but with this plugin and same IDs, I get no fill error.

Admob Rewarded Video Failed No fill
    Admob Interstitial Failed To Load No fill
    MobieAdsScripts (GleyMobileAds.CustomChartboost) FailRewarded Reload...

What did I miss?

35. GleyGames

GleyGames

You have to sign your .apk with the release key as it says in red inside documentation :)

36. sathya

sathya

It
    Yes it's signed with proper key.

37. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    Please write an e-mail at gley.assets@gmail.com and I will send you a complete project with Admob already integrated and working, Maybe your Admob SDK was not properly installed. In the e-mail specify the Unity version you are using.
    Thank you!

38. cabanel

cabanel

I have updated Mobile Ads GDPR Compliant 1.9.8 with GoogleMobileAds-v5.1.0
    and the following error:

39. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    It looks like Admob just released the 5.1 sdk 3 days ago, we ware not able to submit the updated version. It should come out next week but until then you can use 5.0.1 SDK or you have to manually fix the issue like this:
    Open GoogleMobileAdsSettings.cs

locate this line:
    internal class GoogleMobileAdsSettings : ScriptableObject

and replace internal with public like this:
    public class GoogleMobileAdsSettings : ScriptableObject

40. cabanel

cabanel

thanks!

41. cabanel

cabanel

I should manage the size of the facebook banner, with your library, but I don't understand how to do it

the banner size are:

BANNER_HEIGHT_50,
    BANNER_HEIGHT_90,
    RECTANGLE_HEIGHT_250

thanks

42. GleyGames

GleyGames

Since our plugin is based on mediation so if a banner is not available a banner with compatible dimensions from other advertiser is used we have to match the banner sizes between advertisers.
    Since 90% of banner users are using Admob banners in their games the reference dimension is the Admob dimension. Based on this, the smart banner and Adaptive banners from Admob have both small height than the regular banner so to replace them we have to use regular banners from other advertisers for consistent dimension.
    Due to this reason the 90 and 250 banners from Facebook are never used in our asset.
    We are considering adding support for Rectangular banners in May.

If you need custom size banners you can access Custom[AdvertiserName].cs usually inside LoadBanner method you can modify the banner sizes used based on your needs.

43. cabanel

cabanel

thanks!

GleyGames likes this.
  44. cabanel

cabanel

I have a problem with the facebook banner:

at startup load the facebook banner correctly with:
    Advertisements.Instance.ShowBanner (BannerPosition.BOTTOM);

after going to the scene of my store (iap) the banner must be hidden (in order not to overlap the keys), with:
    Advertisements.Instance.HideBanner ();

on returning to the initial scene the facebook banner must be visible again, with:
    Advertisements.Instance.ShowBanner (BannerPosition.BOTTOM);

but it does NOT become visible

if I use AdMob the banner work fine,

i use your remote setting system

45. GleyGames

GleyGames

Hello,
    Please write to us at gley.assets@gmail.com and send us your demo project to be able to test and fix your issue. Thank you. In our test everything worked as intended.

46. cabanel

cabanel

i have send email

thanks!

47. GleyGames

GleyGames

Thank you,
    We received your project we will analyze it and tell you how to fix it.

48. GleyGames

GleyGames

The Facebook banner issue is solved and it was submitted to Unity for review. After the review process is done, version 1.9.10 that contains this fix will be available on Asset Store.

Also for anyone interested, if you found a legit issue in our asset, and you help us solving it, we will offer you a free voucher for any of our assets in return for helping us making a better product.

Thank you @cabanel for reporting it and providing us testing environment. We really appreciate that.

cabanel likes this.
  49. cabanel

cabanel

the problem was only on Android applications, on IOS is not necessary to update?
    Flavio

50. GleyGames

GleyGames

The problem was present in both Android and iOS

cabanel likes this.