Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Moba-like sample project

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by seanr, Aug 26, 2015.

1. seanr

seanr

Unity Technologies

This is a moba-like sample project using the HLAPI. It is totally unfinished, and has bugs, but might be useful to some people. It was written a long time ago, but appears to still work.

It implements Dota2 combat and advancement system, and a moba-like mouse controller, selection and movement system.

https://slack-files.com/T06AF9667-F09M419NY-f04711c7bb

upload_2015-8-26_14-5-4.png

2. Leoo

Leoo

This is amazing work, am so happy to see you guys working hard to keep pushing new sample projects and examples using the new api's,

Keep the good work going!

3. Torigas

Torigas

That sounds awesome! I'll sure check that one out. Thanks!

4. maikklein

maikklein

That is great, I am actually working on almost the same thing, I am trying to recreate league of legends and make it open source at the end of the year(also using the HLAPI).
    I am doing this because I hope that this might give me a job interview, maybe even at Unity.

Edit:
    I am currently looking though your project and what I find interesting is that your "player" object looks really smooth when they are moving. I think that is because you are using a rigidbody + sync rigidbody3d. I am currently using Unity's navmesh + sync transform with 29 updates per second and it still looks a bit choppy. I don't really want to add history based interpolation because this introduces "lag". Any tips?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  5. Lusecapi

Lusecapi

I could use this sample project, to make something related for LAN (WiFi) android multiplayer (offline) or it deffinetly won't work?

6. zKici

zKici

Oooh man just what I needed! I'm working on moba style game!

7. Allz

Allz

Nice, can deny creeps unlike other mobas ^.^