Search Unity

MOBA games in Unity, Im new :v

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by SmKingg14, May 26, 2018.

?

can I create a MOBA game in Unity? Im new :v

1. Yes you can create a MOBA game

11 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, it isnt posible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SmKingg14

SmKingg14

Is that im interested in the theme of creating a mobile game of type moba 4vs4 or 5vs5, but i dont know if in unity I can make a MOBA (Multiplayer online battle arena) games like League of Legends or Dota 2

2. Doug_B

Doug_B

Hi SmKingg14. The simple answer to your question is - "Yes, Unity can be used for exactly that purpose".

A slightly more involved answer would entail knowing how you propose to set about achieving this. Saying it is possible is one thing, but you have picked a game type that is, shall we say, somewhat challenging. :)

So a couple of questions in return would be 1) how many games have you programmed (whether they be original or copies of old favourites) and 2) what is the single most complicated game you have programmed to date?

If your answers are along the lines of (1) a great many and (2) a two-player shoot em up (or similar), then I would say fill your boots with a MOBA game development project. If not, then consider starting out with a slightly simpler project. :)

3. SmKingg14

SmKingg14

It is my first time in the video game business, I haven't created any video game, and which type of game you recomend me to start with?

4. Doug_B

Doug_B

Personally, I would start with something straightforward like Space Invaders and then follow up with Asteroids. The reason is they have very simple game play but introduce slightly increasing complexity.

They are both 2D which keeps the maths simple to start with and in Space Invaders everything moves horizontally or vertically and that's it. Asteroids then introduces a slightly higher degree of complication with angles and screen wrapping coming into the mix.

However, being simple, they shouldn't take very long to work through and you will learn a lot from those 2 games despite their apparent simplicity.

As a side note, this is the exact path I took my Son down in learning to code and it worked out well for him. :)

theANMATOR2b and JoeStrout like this.
  5. SmKingg14

SmKingg14