Search Unity

MMORPG idea, feedback?

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by dodasoda1, Jan 29, 2012.

1. dodasoda1

dodasoda1

I have created a basic outline of what it would be and I would like to hear your feedback.

The main idea is to level up, make friends, buy rares and suits, earn dimonds and Rubys, collect cards, get a house and have fun!

The game will have many furniture, clothes, houses, rares, cars/planes and other items to keep the player busy. The game will also have something called 'Suits' which are wearable coustumes which make the avatar gain atributes and also make it look better.

The game will have its own currency set with Rubys being like coins (in rl) and Dimonds being like notes (in rl) Almost everything will start off in Rubys of course some rares/cars and Suits will be Dimond.

The game will have a VIP system aswell allowing the user to acess buildings and the VIP user will also recive 1 VIP item and will be able to (hopefully) create a clan. But if you don't want to pay real money for VIP, you will also be able to purchase it using Dimonds.

Pets will also be avalible most being for free while others will be paied for. You will be able to purchase Dimonds using real money.

The world will be massive, allowing each and every player to have there freedom. Players will also be able to buy houses using Dimonds or Rubys, some being massive and others being a little small, but each will come with it's own unique location.

You will be able to paint, play user made quests, make films, cook items, craft things, enter competitions and more to earn levels, earning levels will also unlock more world parts and cool items.

The game will also have a arena with up to 5 vs 5 on a number of maps.

New content will come out frequently and Moderators will be in the world to keep it a safe enviroment.

The age limit on the game will be 12 years of age.

Anyone who likes this idea and might be intrested in joining later on please post, every team member get's paied around 3% of the earnings made by each buy.

The game will have a forum and may be browser play.

The game will not be like Yoville or Habbo in anyway the Graphics are going to be like the Sims but they will be way more cartoonish. (Just enough to make it look like a good game, they won't be childish)

a couple more features will come as the game comes out of the Beta stages.

Thanks! Dodasoda1

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  2. nomnomnomplant

nomnomnomplant

I smell trolls coming, better hide

3. dodasoda1

dodasoda1

I know what trolling means kinda but in what way are they gonna comment about my thread?

4. andorov

andorov

Your biggest problem is going to be your first sentence.

Big teams with capable people just don't materialize out of no where; and making MMOs does require extremely capable people. Should you even be able to find many capable people willing to work in a big team (highly unlikely), why would they ever take direction from you?

5. nomnomnomplant

nomnomnomplant

It just seems like a really daunting task...

Best of luck...

6. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

eather start small or bring a few million to the plate thats the only way you will get it done.

7. Alec

Alec

Why does everyone want to make mmos? I find them the most stale of most games- only beaten by turn based JRPGs :p.

But thats just my opinon :)

8. runner

runner

Why is it that the IDEAS man never has money not even enough to feed the chumps in bananas.

please don't feed the trolls they are on a steady diet of bananas.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  9. wiseowlstudios

wiseowlstudios

just a warning even after doing as much as I could script,art,level design etc I still had to spend low 4 figures and I'm planning mid 4 figures-low 5 figures just for the basic scripts,new website and models network and other assets so you need a lot of time but if you get it right like i seem to have done you can get a solid fan base and start tiny income that covers costs.

10. wccrawford

wccrawford

You asked for feedback and I'm going to give it to you:

You just described a very generic MMORPG with nothing special. The 'suits' idea is nothing other than normal armor changes. The rubies and diamonds idea is just money in a different form, just like every RPG already does.

There is absolutely nothing in your idea that makes me want to play it over an existing game.