Search Unity

MMO Construction Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by cookimage, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Sphelps

Sphelps

Please move all your questions to their main thread for answers as this thread is closed now for us as we want all to move to main one.

New Forum for Atavism

2. williamian

williamian

Hey, some questions.

This is William with FireCatGames, FireCatGames.x10.mx,

1. In one post you mentioned that a basic starter package would be free, is that still the case, I hope.

2. I another you mentioned that it would cost 25.00 for the same starter package, is that still available,

I am sure it is very much worth the 70.00 current price and more, but as it is the perfect package for the direction of my project and I am currently tapped for funds, I would love to get started porting over as soon as possible.

3. My main goal is to have a series of single player games that will tell a storyline over several chapters, after the initial storyline is finished I will be implementing your product to turn it into a complete MMO and the current and subsequent storylines will be directly connected to the current and past history of the world and the MMO.

So obviously being able to produce the single player games with the same engine, tools, look and feel is important. Either way, I will be using your system for the MMO side.

4. I design and program on the Mac platform. I know at present you only support Windows, and Linux for server side, will you be implementing Mac server access soon, I hope.

5. I wanted to make sure that I saw in the videos, you have mini-map and world map options built in?

6. I did not see or hear any talk about adding and manipulating sound FX and music?

7. Do you currently have a detailed manual that covers all he different modules, if so, may I please have the link?

8. Do you have a section here or on your site, or ant information on already created or panned plugins for adding additional features?

I am looking forward to your product, keep up the great work,

Thank you,

William.

3. cookimage

cookimage

Please use our main thread as this one does not egt covered anymore, also all information can be found on our wiki page on whats currently in Atavism and we have never had a free option.

Main Thread:

Wikki

4. williamian

williamian

Hi Zeeawk, yes we are looking at different systems. Because we want to make it easy accessible to all we are looking at selling different packages with different amount of items available to players. We definitely want to give the starter package away for free but it will be allowing limited changes. As the pricing increases for higher graded packages there will be one which will supply full source code to server. The client is build in unity so you will have full access to that code. we are also looking at other payment setups like the Photon Cloud system where you get full access to a server and depending on the usage have to pay only when your world have x amount of people using it.

STARTER LICENSE $45 (USD)

100 Concurrent Users
    This code will be purchased at the Unity3D Store and is required for all of the other licenses. All of the server code is compiled, with exception to configuration files. This build allows for developers to quickly develop a MMO within Unity3D by using the GUI (Graphical User Interface).
    Base Build Licenses includes: Chat, Quests, Skill System, Basic Combat, Pets, Mob Spawning, Factions,Inventory system, Modular housing system and more to come.

I realize these are old posts, but it was what I was referring to. Back to my original questions-

Hey, some questions.

This is William with FireCatGames, FireCatGames.x10.mx,

1. In one post you mentioned that a basic starter package would be free, is that still the case, I hope???

2. I another you mentioned that it would cost 45.00 for the same starter package, is that still available???

I am sure it is very much worth the 70.00 current price and more, but as it is the perfect package for the direction of my project and I am currently tapped for funds, I would love to get started porting over as soon as possible.

3. My main goal is to have a series of single player games that will tell a storyline over several chapters, after the initial storyline is finished I will be implementing your product to turn it into a complete MMO and the current and subsequent storylines will be directly connected to the current and past history of the world and the MMO.

So obviously being able to produce the single player games with the same engine, tools, look and feel is important. Either way, I will be using your system for the MMO side???

4. I design and program on the Mac platform. I know at present you only support Windows, and Linux for server side, will you be implementing Mac server access soon, I hope???

5. I wanted to make sure that I saw in the videos, you have mini-map and world map options built in???

6. I did not see or hear any talk about adding and manipulating sound FX and music???

7. Do you currently have a detailed manual that covers all he different modules, if so, may I please have the link???

8. Do you have a section here or on your site, or any information on already created or panned plugins for adding additional features???

9. I intend to use UniStorm, what is the price for the plugin and where can I find it???

10. I plan and adding multi unit turn based combat, I wanted to use -

Turn Based Battle System-
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/18940

TurnBased-ToolKit (TBTK)-
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/10686

Would I need any server based code or plugin for use???

I am looking forward to your product, keep up the great work,

Thank you,

William.

5. neff11

neff11

If u make the starter kit free, my money back ¬_¬ thats not afair because there's a lot of leachers like cgpersia trying to get this great engine and only honored people got it by paying

6. cookimage

cookimage

I am sorry I am very sure that we have never stated we will be giving the starter pack free as we can not limit it in any way. I will not be answering any posts on this thread as I have stated many times its been moved the the formal thread.

7. williamian

williamian

Ok, I thought this ws the formal thread, could you please link to it. thank you.

8. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Scroll up... They did after your first post.. :)

9. RealSoftGames

RealSoftGames

could you make a tutorial on how to change the UI using NGUI?

10. Demonith88

Demonith88

Is this some of things in side from atavism ???

11. Teila

Teila

This is Atavism's first thread before they moved to another one.