Search Unity

MMO Construction Kit

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by cookimage, Apr 22, 2013.

1. cookimage

cookimage

Hmm yeah no idea on that one, as its anything you try import that's not working I would ask Unity them self's to try and see whats going on.

2. cookimage

cookimage

Here is a video of our MMO Neos Land we are making showing how we modified the basic crafting system that comes currently with Atavism to our own design.

3. cookimage

cookimage

New tutorial showing how to add armor and weapons to UMA character in Atavism:

4. cookimage

cookimage

Can you send me a email with your old email account and the new one so i can do those changes for you, to info@neojac.com

5. 3D Omelette Studio

3D Omelette Studio

Any news on atavism update 1.6?

its been more than a month since atavism 1.5 release.

thanks

6. cookimage

cookimage

Next update is this weekend April 26 with some effects updates for combat as well as a few other things we needed to clean up.

7. 3D Omelette Studio

3D Omelette Studio

Awesome,
    thanks for the info,
    looking forward to it.

8. HeadClot88

HeadClot88

Hey,

I am on the edge of buying this... is 1.6 coming out today?

Just curious :)

Also curious about a few other things :)

- Vehicles: Are these implemented yet in your MMO Kit?

- Will you be updating this to Unity 5?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  9. cookimage

cookimage

1.6 is scheduled for tomorrow as we had a small Bug we need to fix first, vehicles are not yet implemented but will be in near future.

10. cookimage

cookimage

New Update 1.6 has been released and emailed. here is release notes:

Release Notes:

New Features:
    Account Management
    - Able to view and modify the status (set GM/Admin) of accounts that have logged in to your game
    - Can set which account is the administrator of an instance setting who can spawn mobs on it.

Coordinated Effects
    - The coordinated effects system has been changed to use Prefabs to help design synced visual/audio events on clients. This allows the playing of animations, sounds, particles and anything else to occur on all clients within the targets area of notification. These can be found in the Resources/Content/CoordinatedEffects folder.
    - An example play wave animation prefab is setup to work in the UMA build. Typing /wave will cause your character to play the wave animation on all clients nearby. More tutorials to come in the near future to explain how to use this powerful feature.

Mob Player Stat Progression
    - Starting stats and the progression of stat values can be set in the Atavism Editor. Mob values can be set under the Stat plugin, Characters under the Character setup plugin.

Spawn editing
    - Mobs spawned in the world can now be edited, allowing you to move them, change the mob template used and change other behaviours. Spawns can also easily be deleted.

Other Changes:
    - Resource manager abstract class added to allow changing the way resources such as player/mob models are loaded.
    - The mob movement has been modified slightly in combat providing a better looking combat system when fighting mobs. It is still not perfect and is not the final solution, but an improvement for the moment.

Fixes:
    - Cursor behaviour when mousing over objects has been fixed so it reverts back to the normal state when it should.
    - A few errors in the console/logs were sorted out.

Bugs:
    - Characters can still be created with the same name as an existing character.
    - Cursor shows up behind other UI elements.

11. cookimage

cookimage

Update and Hot fixes has been emailed for latest release to Quests and instances.

12. cookimage

cookimage

13. cookimage

cookimage

The AGIS source that comes with Veteran License and upwards has been released. If you have that license you will find the download in your account on the neojac.com store.

14. cookimage

cookimage

New update to the roadmap in regards to dates. As we are requiring additional time to complete terrain systems we are moving everything a week or two weeks further.

We thank you for your patience, we know you'd love to have all the new features as soon as possible, but we want to make sure they get to you in an easy to use way.

Added May 14 2014

Phase 2: Core Server Functionality ( Beta)
    2) Start of Beta - 24th May
    The ready to be sold on the market version of Atavism. As we have moved this date it also means the price in crease will only come into effect on the 24 May and not the 17 anymore.
    3) Terrain System - 31st May
    - Full Paging and stitching Unity Terrain System
    4) Server Side Collision - 21st June
    Server Side Collision
    - Navmesh collision generation in Unity that can be copied to and run on the server
    - Navmesh editing on the server
    5) Authoritative Player Control - 12th July
    Authoratative Player Control
    - Server implementation of character control to verify characters position and movements from the client input.
    6) Pathfinding and Mob AI improvements - 26th July
    Pathfinding
    - Mobs pathfinding system upgraded to use server collision to accurately move around the world.
    AI
    - Improved AI functionality to control mobs with patrol paths, roam radius, combat behavior settings.
    - Possible advanced implementation of a system similar to Story Bricks
    7) Server Management Tools Monetization - 16th August
    Server Management Tools
    - Manage accounts
    - Start/Stop server
    - Check on server status other details
    Monetization
    - Server side support for Item mall
    - Server side support for Subscription based models
    8) End of Beta improvements - 30th August

Phase 3: Extra Features (Full Release)
    Order and Dates to be determined at a later time
    Social
    - Friends and Blocked list UI
    - Chat channels
    Grouping
    - Allow players to form groups to work together on quests, in combat and take on dungeons/pvp battles
    Merchants
    - Allow players to purchase items from NPCs.
    - Atavism Unity editor plugin to allow setting up Merchants
    Trading
    - Secure server side system for trading to allow non-bound items to be traded between players but with checks in place to prevent duplications etc.
    Arena/Battlegrounds
    - Arena system provided to allow 2v2 matches etc.
    - Basic battleground templates such as CTF allowing larger groups of players to fight in teams against each other
    Pets
    - Both combat and non-combat pets that follow you around the world
    - Ability to tame pets and use them to assist you in combat

15. cookimage

cookimage

Latest developers diary for Neos Land showing new areas on the first island. This is a Voxel / Unity terrain combo and you can build anywhere on the island, also all resources you see there like trees and so on can be harvested.

16. Octo-Games

Octo-Games

so can we now acces to the beta ? what is the price?

17. cookimage

cookimage

Atavism Beta will be on the Unity asset store next week, but you can get access to the it now if you want from our own store, here is a link:

Neojac Store

18. cookimage

cookimage

Thanks send you a email so we can get this sorted for you asap

19. Octo-Games

Octo-Games

where can i buy altavism beta ?

20. cookimage

cookimage

21. 3D Omelette Studio

3D Omelette Studio

Hi Neo

this is getting better and better every time, nice to see lots of improvements and new features.

i see in the change logs from atavismonline.com that version 1.7 has been released since yesterday, but when i check in my download section i still getting version 1.63
    any advise.

thanks again.

ohh BTW,
    when we create a new scene instance from atavism editor in unity, is there a way to restrict the new instance to say: max 10 or 20 players to enter it, then when maxed out, the system to spin up another instance for new players after the 10th or 20th?

22. cookimage

cookimage

We will have new update online by Friday. Its released to some testers first so we don't give you guys something that's broken. This update was more a bug fixing run.

23. 3D Omelette Studio

3D Omelette Studio

thanks, i still dont see 1.7 update in my account, has the release been delayed?

please keep us update on status.

also can you redirect me to an update of the road map.
    was wondering if the server side collisions/navmesh was on track for this june 21st or delayed.

thanks in advanced

24. Wipeout_Down

Wipeout_Down

Hmm. I wonder if this can be easily adapted to use for my SE-LMOG...

25. cookimage

cookimage

I think you can adapt it for pretty much any type of MMo, 3D Omelette sorry we had a few more bugs to fix. I had to wait till today to give a answer i can be sure off. It will only be online in our store the next update by Monday.

26. Wipeout_Down

Wipeout_Down

Yes, of course. That is the nature of Code. However, the key word is 'easily'. I've always had the nagging feeling that my game would be better, coded from the ground up. Fortunately, that is for my Lead Programmer to decide...

27. taichiu727magnus

taichiu727magnus

so beta is still at 1.5 and alpha users can access it faster? Also i really think that you need some kind of documentation because even though i bought the server already, i am still kind of confused of the features.

28. cookimage

cookimage

Have you gone through the wiki, there is allot of documentation in it. Its still Alpha and when you login to the www.neojac.com website where our store is, in your account download section you should get the latest version which is now at Alpha 1.62 My mistake 1.7 is actually our beta release . Beta will be added in the next few days. Its been delayed as we are still fixing some bugs.

Atavism Wiki Documentation

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  29. taichiu727magnus

taichiu727magnus

ok thanks but tbh there is too few things on the documentation lol. I know you guys might change anything atm but maybe add some things that you guys know that you won't change it anymore

30. cookimage

cookimage

New documentation will be added this week as we are releasing the beta version. Also in the editor you will see a tab with a book on it in every plugin, we have added information on each plugin explaining each field in the index section(the book tab) so you will have information on each plugin in Beta version.

31. taichiu727magnus

taichiu727magnus

nice! i will look forward to it. Thanks for the great work!

32. cookimage

cookimage

We are very close to our Beta release which will be going onto the Unity Asset store as well. There will be a price change for seats once we add it to the Unity store but for those who needs extra seats you still have some time to get them at cheap prices, just create a new account for each seat on our store website www.neojac.com and buy a seat. Here is the change log for the new beta being released in this week:

Atavism Unity Beta 2 Changelogs
    Major Changes
    1) Inventory System:
    - The Inventory System has been improved to allow “Effects” to be added to items. These can include stats that are applied to characters when the item is equipped, abilities that can be activated by the item, and Auto Attack ability replacement for when a weapon is equipped. The system is designed to allow other types of effects to be easily added to items at later dates.
    - Bags are now properly supported and players can put bags into their bag slots to give themselves more space in their inventory.

2) Atavism Editor:
    - The Atavism Editor now has a login system to verify the user has purchased a license to use the Atavism Editor tools.
    - A new Option Choices plugin has been added allow users to add and change the options for many of the drop down in the Atavism Editor. For example, a user can now set their own item types rather than using the predefined options.
    - Help section (book Tab) now has a description and function information on each item for that plugin.

Minor Improvements
    Atavism Editor
    - Added Delete/Remove buttons for many areas where you could not previously delete data entered.
    - Mobs: Faction and Damage Type drop downs now correctly link to the data in the database. New field: Auto Attack added to allow specifying which ability the mob uses as their auto attack.
    - Player Character Setup: Added Auto Attack field to allow specifying which auto attack the players character starts with.

General
    - The Input Controller system has been changed and now Input Controllers must be added as a component to an object in each game scene (generally to the Main Camera). An Input Controller should not be added to the Login scene.
    - Players disconnected from the server will now be booted to the Login Scene rather than being left to run around the world.
    - The default UI has been improved to allow anchoring to different areas of the screen.
    - Key bindings have been added for the action bar (using the 1-7 buttons), and for a few windows (L for Quest Log, K for Skills, B for Bag)
    - A caster slot has been added to the CoordProjectileEffect script so the slot the projectile leaves the caster from can be set.
    - Quest Items have been added, an item with an Item Type of Quest will only drop when the item is needed for a Quest the player is on.

Fixes
    - A couple of item duplication methods have been fixed.
    - The Cursor is now drawn in front of the rest of the GUI
    - NPC's offering only one dialogue will now display that dialogue when requested
    - A newly created character will now start with their full amount of health and mana.
    - Players can no longer login to the game with any password when using the UMA package (it was a server side fix, a UMA update is not required).
    - Starting abilities for skills will now be granted for abilities with a level of either 0 or 1.
    - The Ability and Inventory systems in the game no longer stop working when 2 or more Prefabs have the same id.
    - The InstancePortal script is working again and can be used to teleport players between instances.
    - The Mob Spawner UI will now only show up for those who have access.
    - The mouse wheel will no longer zoom the camera in and out when over most GUI elements.
    - Quests set to Repeatable are now repeatable.
    - NPCs will now talk to players who are on a Quest but have not yet completed it.

33. 3D Omelette Studio

3D Omelette Studio

awesome,
    this kit is looking better and better every time,

cant wait to try it out tomorrow.

keep up the good work.

34. cookimage

cookimage

Beta version of Atavism server and client now in store download, when you download the items in your download section they will have the latest version in them now.

Here is the AGIS Index for those who has got the source code license http://www.atavismonline.com/docs/api/

35. 3D Omelette Studio

3D Omelette Studio

Awesome,

thanks for the update.

the unity package i had trouble importing, some sort of invalid package,
    maybe not downloaded correctly, will redownload and try again.

EDIT:
    Ok, redownload fixed the package.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  36. cookimage

cookimage

here is some screenshots of our own MMO Neos Land we are making using Unity and Atavism engine:

dreamlarp likes this.
  37. 3D Omelette Studio

3D Omelette Studio

Neo,
    Since there is no source for client core, is there a way you guys can do an api docs for the atavismcore.dll from client aswell? so we know what functions to interact with from client to talk to the server.

thanks in advaned

P.S. Nice pics BTW.

38. cookimage

cookimage

RoadMap Update

As we have just rolled out the beta version and did a ton of fixes we have to move the dates up on the road map. Please note that these dates are never set as things come up which require more work than expected as we try and keep up with bug fixes. You will notice that we added merchants and trading in now before other stuff as we have had a major amount of people asking to get that in asap and the amount of work for it is not at all allot.

Added June 22 2014

Phase 2: Core Server Functionality ( Beta)
    1) Merchants - 5th July
    - Allow players to purchase items from NPCs.
    - Atavism Unity editor plugin to allow setting up Merchants
    Trading
    - Secure server side system for trading to allow non-bound items to be traded between players but with checks in place to prevent duplications etc.
    Building System
    - Will be able to allow players to build without the AtVoxel system and place objects in the world.
    2) Terrain System - 26th July
    - Full Paging and stitching Unity Terrain System
    Server Side Collision
    - Navmesh collision generation in Unity that can be copied to and run on the server
    - Navmesh editing on the server
    3) Authoritative Player Control - 9th August
    Authoratative Player Control
    - Server implementation of character control to verify characters position and movements from the client input.
    4) Pathfinding and Mob AI improvements - 23rd August
    Pathfinding
    - Mobs pathfinding system upgraded to use server collision to accurately move around the world.
    AI
    - Improved AI functionality to control mobs with patrol paths, roam radius, combat behavior settings.
    - Possible advanced implementation of a system similar to Story Bricks
    5) Server Management Tools & Monetization - 6 September
    Server Management Tools
    - Manage accounts
    - Start/Stop server
    - Check on server status & other details
    Monetization
    - Server side support for Item mall
    - Server side support for Subscription based models
    6) End of Beta improvements - 20th September

Phase 3: Extra Features (Full Release)
    Order and Dates to be determined at a later time
    Social
    - Friends and Blocked list UI
    - Chat channels
    Grouping
    - Allow players to form groups to work together on quests, in combat and take on dungeons/pvp battles
    Arena/Battlegrounds
    - Arena system provided to allow 2v2 matches etc.
    - Basic battleground templates such as CTF allowing larger groups of players to fight in teams against each other
    Pets
    - Both combat and non-combat pets that follow you around the world
    - Ability to tame pets and use them to assist you in combat

39. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

Neos Land looks great. This is one reason I pledged not just for the engine.

40. cookimage

cookimage

41. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

42. pixelquaternion

pixelquaternion

Hi there,

Does atavism support mecanim without uma?

Or else we could use the UMA system but only if we can completely replace the uma character mesh with our own custom made.

I don't see how a game could be taken seriously when every single title would have the same uma characters since even with modification to the character itself you can easily recognize a uma character in a million people crowd.

Same goes for any character asset except for animals and a few misc props and buildings, the first game release could get some success but the second one everybody will recognize the same assets and will quickly ignore the game.

What make a game unique is to have custom characters, weapons, environment and excellent gameplay, personally i would never buy a game with the same 3d assets from another game i played in the past.

Thank and looking for your reply.

43. taichiu727magnus

taichiu727magnus

yes it does supports mecanim without uma

44. cookimage

cookimage

You can use UMA character system or you can use the Vanilla system which allows you to use any type of models. As for mecanim that's for animation and you can use generic animation on your characters or you can use mecanim animation system on your characters both are supported.

45. pixelquaternion

pixelquaternion

Hi Cook,

Do you mean that i can use mecanim with your vanilla character controller and that i can change the default character mesh with my own?

Also can you give a bit of info about how the plugin system work? Ex; can i write a C# script and then tap in the client side and easily communicate with the server side?

A poster told me it was very hard to implemented your plugin system so that why i am asking.

thank for any reply on the matter

46. JamesPro

JamesPro

Pixel, All Server side Plugins are programmed in Java. Not C#... The Plugin System is certainly NOT intended and/or usable by people who have no experience Programming. So yes the Plugin System isn't the easiest to work with. Atavism still has a long ways to go before it's capable of being used in a large scale MMO but it's slowly coming together...

47. cookimage

cookimage

Yes you can use mecanim with the vanilla character creation system thus use your own models and animations. As for the plugin system you can code it yourself if you want.

48. Zelious

Zelious

I just got the $70 Atavism Pledge yesterday (before it disappeared), interested in both the Engine and Neos Land. Have a Few questions about it though:

1.) The AGF_TriplanarTerrain Shader doesn't seem to be working, it looks like its null in the editor; but there's a list of textures on the side when I select any Triplanar Terrain Material inside the AGF folders, not sure what the problem is, The AGF Scene Loader doesn't seem to do anything...
    2.) I noticed there is a download limit on the files. Every time there's an update am I going to have to download from
    there and depreciate my download limit, or will it be updated some other way?
    3.) Will I be informed when the "First Settler" part of the package is available in email (Since a lot of the "Upcoming"
    dates on the site seem to be antiquated)? - I see no reference to First Settler in my Profile

49. JamesPro

JamesPro

The Download limit is per version... It get's reset with each update. I'll let Jacques (cookimage) respond to the rest of your questions.

50. cookimage

cookimage

Once we open up weekend testing for Neos Land you will be notified and can participate. The downloads are refreshed on every update of Atavism.As for the AGF shader, we are getting a new build from the AGF people as they had to update their shader system.