Search Unity

MMO Accounts & Characters System 2

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by silvematt, Sep 20, 2019.

1. silvematt

silvematt

After the success of MMO Accounts & Character System and after 2 years from its release, I've decided to work on MMO Accounts & Characters System 2, by totally replanning and rewriting the whole system.

MMO ACS 2 is a fast, universal, customizable and user friendly solution that makes you kickstart your MMO project by providing you a backend that includes the Accounts Managing, Authentication Process, Characters Managing and a lot more in a typical MMORPG style, using PHP and MySQL but letting the doors opened for using custom APIs, Web Services, WCF and everything else releated.
    In other words, MMO ACS 2 lets you jump to the funny part of development!

MMO ACS 2 is better on every aspect from its previous version and even if it keeps all the original functionalities and adds new, it completely revisit them by having as main objectives speeding up a lot the workflow of your project, automatically taking care of every aspect in the system scope and by letting you have your MMO backend in a very short amount of time.

MMO ACS 2 is totally framework independent for the multiplayer side, since it's a thing apart.
    That means you are free to use any framework you want, Photon, PUN, SmartFoxServer, DarkRift, Forge Networking, your own Network Solution and everything else.

Main Features:

Accounts & Authentication: Let your users register to your servers with a safe e-mail verify. Every users that register have to provide: Account Name (must be unique), Email Address (must be unique) and password. A confirmation link will be sent to the inserted email address and the user will not be able to login until he's account has not been verified. Verified users will be able to login.
    If a user lose his password he can use the 'Forgot Your Password' system that will do everything in totally automation.

Server Selection Template: Allows you to have different servers where your players can play your game from different locations in the world. Servers can have unique Worlds and Databases, or you can merge all of them together.

Character Creation: Create characters with different gender, class, race, skin color, hair type, hair color and every other customization you have in mind! Adding customizations (such as 'beard', 'markings', 'earrings') will take you nothing more than few minutes.
    The Races and Classes are managed by a smart system that will do everything for you. You literally have to create and configure 1 ScriptableObject to make a totally new and unique race and reference it to a script to make it game-ready, same thing for the classes.

Races, Classes & Gear Creator: Create new races, classes and gear with visual Editor Windows built specifically to speed up your workflow. Forgot every rough configurations in the code or everywhere else, here all you have to do is to create a new ScriptableObject, configure it whitin those windows and make a reference to a script to have it game ready.

Character Selection: To select and play, or delete a character. Here you can view your characters with their current gear and basic information, like their Name, Level, Race and class.

World Scene: Provides you a scene where the selected character is loaded in a basic Controller, where the player can walk around with its character. The UI is set with the current Character Data (Name, Level, Class on top-left corner of the screen) and everything regarding the data of this character is accessible from every script, situation or scenes you may want to use.

Runtime Changes: Change the equipped gear of the character at runtime, as well as his level with an automatically save system. On your next login you will have the level and gear you've selected on your character!

Other Features:
    • Full C# & PHP Code Included.
    • Demo, UI, Models and animations Included.
    • Heavily Documented.
    • The whole code is commented and explained.
    • Step-by-step tutorials on how to add new functionalities, setting up your own server (using XAMPP) and every aspect of MMO-ACS 2.
    • Everything is customizable.
    • Handy settings that allows you to easily setup your game.
    • PHP Security:
    • Prevent SQL Injections.
    • Prevent CSRF attacks.
    • Passwords hashed and salted.
    • Sensitive data (such as server/database information) always hidden to the user.

Release and other:

The development of MMO Accounts & Characters System 2 is almost completed. A large-scale test is currently being done and some revisions to the whole system will be done before submitting the asset.

The price of the asset will be $27.00.
    Who bought MMO Accounts & Characters System in August or September 2019 will be eligible for a free key.
    Who already owns MMO Accounts & Characters System (but not bought in in August or September 2019) will be able to upgrade to MMO-ACS 2 for $5.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    Bartolomeus755 and digiross like this.
  2. silvematt

silvematt

The WebGL Demo has been released!
    You can try it here: Click Me

MMO ACS 2 will be submitted to the Asset Store very soon.

3. rmorph

rmorph

Edit: OP has been updated to show a reasonable upgrade path.

Sorry but this is a rather crappy thing to do. Its a cash grab plain and simple.

This asset has barely been out 2 years and in that time frankly, there was little in the way of improvement or expansion.

What youre basically saying is you want everybody who previously bought your app to buy it again.

Many people, myself included, buy apps to support developers and hope that the assets will grow as the developers cultivate them: I can name plenty of assets that started off small and have grown hugely: sometimes their price goes up as new features get added. But very few developers would treat existing customers to this kind of thing.

Sorry mate This is a cash grab... Plain and simple. It would be totally different if you created an expansion package or an addon to your existing app or if you simply upgraded your existing asset and raised the price.

I can understand an upgrade plan if your app has been many years on the market - But 2 years? For god's sake don't be so greedy.

For the record: I own hundreds of assets. Very few developers sink to this type of behaviour.

*app deleted*

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    MostHated likes this.
  4. silvematt

silvematt

Hello there.

I've just realized that I've forgot to write that line on the topic.

Well I don't know if you can say that, I mean without even knowing what are you talking about.
    MMO ACS 2 has been rewritten from scratch, all the code and the management of the system has been rethrought, rescheduled and reimplemented. You may see a similiar output but hey, that's what this asset does!

It's obvious that MMO ACS 2 will be put as a major upgrade of the current version, upgreadable from the previous version owners for a symbolic price.
    I don't want to sell it as a new product on the asset store, even if it actually is.

I've already spoken with several customers of mine and they were more than happy to have a totally new product for 5$ instead of the full price, I would be the same!

Luckly the thing that I cared of when making MMO-ACS 2 was to have a fresh, better looking and mainly a better coded product, and not to be marked as greedy :)

Thank you for reminding me to update the topic, I'm sorry we've misunderstood.

5. rmorph

rmorph

5 bucks is OK for added functionality: Heck its a cup of coffee - and all of us would happily buy you that anyway. I'm really glad to see that update.

If it was possible - I wish that you could separate the functionality you are adding to a modularly separate package and keep evolving the MMO accounts V1. I am a fan of seeing apps evolve - not deprecated. IMHO A 2-year lifecycle on assets is too short.

In a perfect world, you'd add the core improvements to V1 and then sell an add-on asset for 10 bucks. And yeah I know I'm paying more money that way than I do now with the upgrade but I still think it would be better: As you add the functionality you can grow an ecosystem around your core system which can be kept tight and clean. Does this make sense?

Also I think communication is really important: especially giving a heads up to your customers: A new asset store forum post about starting another app for the same amount of money called "V2 (20 Sep) and then a day later announcing on the V1 forum page about that is not the best way to let customers know. There was no warning V1 was as far as you could go with it and it was the end of the road for it.

You post promise a much better asset because of the rework - but maybe you could give us a better understanding of the roadmap on V1 and why it has to end.

Other than that. Good luck with your asset.

silvematt likes this.
  6. silvematt

silvematt

I've ended the V1 because yes, 2 years are maybe too short for an asset life-cycle but are much in terms of learning when you code everyday facing different and harder problems, or at least they were for me. I took a look at the code of the V1 and how it was structured and I simply realized that there was a much better way to do that, more performant, more organized and easy to use.
    And since I want my customers to always have only the best I can do I've replanned and reimplemented everything.
    Adapting the new structure to the old code would have been impossible, due everything has been rewritten to suit the plan, from the core to out. Or it would have been possible but with modifies to the plan, but I didn't wanted to come to terms.

I've really made good friends out of my customers and also by talking and hearing from them I've decided to build the new version.
    I think it was a good thing to do mainly for the people who already bought the previous version. Not doing it would have been a money grab plan for how I see it.

On the shouting out to everyone the new version, I agree with you maybe I was too vague and the 30% of customers which I didn't heard about the update deserved a more detailed explaination.
    For that I thank you and I will take more care the next time.

7. silvematt

silvematt

MMO Accounts & Characters System is now available on the Asset Store!

Users that purchased MMO Accounts & Characters System are now able to upgrade to MMO Accounts & Characters System 2 for 5.00$.

8. btckey

btckey

You have a demo scene with an example for SmartFoxServer 2X ?

9. silvematt

silvematt

Hello @btckey ,
    Unfortunately there are no demos that makes use of multiplayer frameworks, therefore the little setup you have to do is up to you.

I'm not familiar with SmartFoxServer, but in general after configuring MMO ACS 2, all you have to do is to feed the field that tells to the multiplayer framework what is the GameObject that needs to be instantiated over network.

You'll then have a PlayerData class on each player, you can synch that class for everyplayer and adjust the instances accordingly.