Search Unity

Mmm Flaming Logo...

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Jonathan Czeck, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

Not going to use this exact effect, but Mesh Particle Emitter and friends + Your Logo = *Homer Drool Sound*

The "Systematic" check box is good fun, too. One screenshot is with it, one without. I like the idea of our Graveck Face disappearing or appearing in a puff of smoke for some reason... might have to try that.

I used Cheetah 3D to import my Illustrator file (worked great!), exported to obj, shaped it up a tad in Blender and dropped it in Unity.

Maybe we should do a little animated logo mini contest/showcase here in Unity. :D

-Jon

Attached Files:

2. FreakSoftware

FreakSoftware

Taaaasty.... I too would like to see it poof into smoke. That'd be neat.

3. David-Helgason

David-Helgason

You make this a web-player? I'd love to see this in action.

4. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All us noobs bow to your skill and ability!

5. guategeek_legacy

guategeek_legacy

aarku is the master, thats sweet!!! Jeff

6. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

Guys.. guys... this isn't hard!

Just take a cool object and add Mesh Particle Emitter, Particle Animator, and Particle Renderer to it. Then assign a material to the Particle Renderer component... you can use one of the built in flame materials.

Then just play with the properties in the Emitter/Animator. For flames you'll want to add a force whatever is "upwards". That's in the Animator.

You could even do it with a sphere, if you're too lazy to drop a 3D object into your Assets folder...

Cheers,
    -Jon

7. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

Really easy, see?

Here's a prefab.

Flame on!

-Jon

p.s. Err.. maybe it'd be a good idea for someone to add .unityPackage to the allowable attachement extensions... zipping them again is a bit redundant :)

Attached Files:

8. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

Added unityPackage to the allowed attachments. Thanks for the hint.

9. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

OK, Jon, so call me stupid, but while your attached demo works great, when I shrink the size of the sphere down to, say, 0.3, the partciles emit from below the sphere and also in a ring shape. How to you scale down and move the point of emission?

10. Jonathan Czeck

Jonathan Czeck

The emission point is something like all the vertices. Toggling Systematic will make then random or go in order.

But, there seems to be a bug with the Mesh Emitter not getting affected by the Transform scale (maybe the rotation too! I didn't try that), which I already filed, so don't worry, it's not you. :)

I think if you wanted to move around the emission point, you'd just separate out the Mesh Particle Emitter /Animator /Renderer and have that in a separate object from the regular Mesh Renderer and friends. So then the flames would be in a different object than the sphere visualization.

-Jon

11. cdesmond

cdesmond

Thanks for this... it was a nice quick tip that was much appreciated.

Thanks again!

12. robertseadog

robertseadog

Ahh, I love flames.. :twisted:

lol