Search Unity

mMesh (3ds Max mesh to unityscript converter)

Discussion in 'External Tools' started by mgear, Aug 16, 2011.

1. mgear

mgear

Hi,

Test version, something for my own testing learning, but maybe useful for someone else also..

This Maxscript converts your mesh into unity javascript source (which then re-creates the mesh in unity).
    There are some limitations still, but if you have any ideas for this, let me know.

Download installation info:
    http://unitycoder.com/blog/2011/08/15/wip-3dsmax-to-unity-mesh-maker/

Attached sample exported source from the plugin (for torus mesh)

Attached Files:

2. renderhjs

renderhjs

nice one,

maybe another nice idea would be to export max splines to Gizmo draw commands to easier create custom Gizmos in Unity3D.
    Also a variation to your script could be a script that generates mesh colliders or tries to fit in automatically simplified primitives in a volume for colliders as that's still something that is a pain to do in Unity.

3. cupsster

cupsster

Is it possible to obtain unencrypted version of maxscript? I'm using it for exporting meshes but missing UV 1 and 2 coordinated.

@mgear Can you PM me please? TY

4. mgear

mgear

pm sent.

Latest version has basic UV test export included.

5. cupsster

cupsster

TY,
    yesterday I already managed to write exporter from scratch that handle verts, tris, normals, tangents, uv1 and uv2. I think I just forgot to add vertex colors to list. Will do it next time.
    I will donate for sure cause there is some stuff that I'm interested in long term...

6. mgear

mgear

Yup, there's no magic happening there - just dump values to text file. Thanks!

unityunity