Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

MLAPI wont download into assets!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by keola117, Sep 19, 2021.

1. keola117

keola117

I downloaded git last week in preparation or this, I setup the login page with playfabs and dealt with email authentication with unity.transport and smtp I finished setting up a "gameEngine" planel with a client,server,player tab. I finally got to my scene "PlayerWorkLab" which is the first place you should spawn.

So, I need to build the player networking prefab and went to go download MLAPI today. (Before you ask/assume YES git is up-to-date 2.33/Restarted laptop for stupid windows update 4 days ago "yay audio drivers now not working right" !Thanks bill gates!)

However, it won't install. I get these two errors when downloading from the github link,"https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...th=/com.unity.multiplayer.mlapi#release/0.1.0"

error 1:
    [Package Manager Window] Cannot perform upm operation: EBUSY: resource busy or locked, rmdir 'C:\Users\keola\OneDrive\Desktop\SolChroniclesInfinite\Library\PackageCache\.tmp20724Yz9gcslN85k6\clone' [NotFound].
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

error 2:
    [Package Manager Window] Error adding package: https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...th=/com.unity.multiplayer.mlapi#release/0.1.0.
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()

I am using the latest version of unity 2021 so, I'd very much like a solution to this issue asap.
    I have photon in "My Assets" but, not in the project I'm working on. If that helps at all.

Attached Files:

wlwl2 likes this.
  2. keola117

keola117

The link is broken! At the moment the url is glitched. Open the github link in your browser and download the package by name!

com.unity.multiplayer.mlapi

wlwl2 likes this.
  3. wlwl2

wlwl2

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  4. Brach_Unity

Brach_Unity

Unity Technologies

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    wlwl2 likes this.
  5. wlwl2

wlwl2

Try changing the settings for the Git for Windows options to old (not selecting any of the New! options). This fixed it for me.

6. markf06

markf06

So, I had exactly this problem so I tried to download and add the tarball from https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/com.unity.netcode.gameobjects/archive/refs/tags/0.1.0.tar.gz. Got the file ok, but both Unity 2020.3.0f1 or Unity 2021.1.23.f1 errored.

So then manually extracted the folder com.unity.multiplayer.mlapi from the tgz file and added it to the manifest locally: "com.unity.multiplayer.mlapi": "file:d:/_projects/Unity/Packages/com.unity.multiplayer.mlapi"

I know this won't pick up updates but it works and hopefully it will be on the main registry soon?

7. luke-unity

luke-unity

It should be already in the registry. Just not visible. You can try to add "com.unity.multiplayer.mlapi" via the `add package from git URL` option. This will fetch MLAPI from the Unity package registry.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021