Search Unity

ML Terraform - Terrain Generator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by apseren, Jan 31, 2019.

1. apseren

apseren

ML Terraform is a Terrain Generator implemented using a Neural Network trained on handmade 3d models.

demo.jpg
    desert.jpg
    forest.jpg
    snow.jpg
    cover_785_480.PNG

Version 1.0 includes the following biomes:

- Grassland
    - Desert
    - Mountain
    - Snow
    - Snowy Mountains

Features:

- Change the detail of each terrain (Number of Triangles)
    - Smooth the terrain
    - Change style to Low Poly ( Technique used modifies terrain texture directly, it doesn't use vertex colors to not duplicate the number of vertices. External tools based on shaders or vertex colors can also be used )
    - Voxelize the terrain ( All voxels are separated and can be destroyed or changed independently. Number of voxels is configurable )
    - Convert to Unity Terrain ( Allows to use terrain editing tools. Texture painting is supported but removes the normal map texture due to a limitation currently being worked on)
    - Terrains automatically merge to adjacent ones ( Can be disabled )
    - Group several terrains in a landscape ( Allows to make huge scenes really quickly. Terrains can be changed in a group or independently inside the landscape )

Only Unity 2018.3 or newer and .Net 4.x projects supported for now.

Available on the Asset Store: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/terrain/ml-terraform-137979

StevenPicard likes this.
  2. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Looks like this has some interesting features. I'll keep an eye on it. For now I can't move to 2018.3 but I definitely hope it succeeds.

3. apseren

apseren

Released today an update with support for 2018.1 and higher. Support for Unity terrains was re-implemented to also work with pre 2018.3 terrain system.