Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

ML Agents train at runtime?

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by MadeFromPolygons, Mar 28, 2019.

1. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Can agents be trained at runtime ? or do any form of learning at runtime once trained?

I ask as I would like to add machine learning into our game but need the agents to learn from being killed by the player, hence need some sort of runtime feedback

Airmouse, Djayp and Orimay like this.
  2. Orimay

Orimay

I am very interested in this topic too

3. NorthStar79

NorthStar79

as far as I know. No, not yet. But you can still collect data from your players (you need to create your own data collection implementation), and train your agents yourself and send new trained data to your players once a while. like daily or weekly intervals.

4. gmmachine

gmmachine

to confirm what NorthStar79 said, no not yet, I go into a bit more detail in this thread here. you can use your created AI in exported projects though, and use your inputs as a developer with python installed to manually train your AI with heuristics! the documentation explains a bit more about imitation learning.

5. tinnystudios

tinnystudios

I've been thinking about this and stumble on this thread too.

I think it's possible if you're willing to keep a server instance running where you send new data over and then use those data to train it. But this means, for each profile, you'll have to keep track of their progress.

Sab_Rango likes this.