Search Unity

Mixing paths during android builds

Discussion in 'Android' started by averin, Mar 15, 2021.

1. averin

averin

Environment: Unity 2018.4.31, Gradle 6.8, Jenkins, macosx

I run several android builds in parallel. If the assemblies reach Gradle with a small time difference, I get the mixing of build paths.

Welcome to Gradle 6.8.
    ... <some logs> ...
    BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 4s
    1 actionable task: 1 executed
    Android PostProcess task "Creating Android manifest" took 4336.2237 ms
    DisplayProgressbar: Compiling resources
    Android PostProcess task "Compiling resources" took 9.2874 ms
    DisplayProgressbar: IL2CPP
    DisplayProgressbar: Building Player
    UserBlackList: <WRONG PROJECT PATH>/Assets/FacebookSDK/link.xml
    UserBlackList: <WRONG PROJECT PATH>/Assets/Plugins/IOS/link.xml
    Invoking UnityLinker with arguments: -out=<WRONG PROJECT PATH> ... and all the other paths are wrong

<WRONG PROJECT PATH> - this is the path to the project that was built in parallel with the current one

I would like to understand this is a problem of configuring the project, or some restrictions when working with unity with a custom gradle?

2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

This doesn't sound related to gradle. How is your path wrong, totally wrong or only some letters are wrong, there's a limitation that path must consists of ascii symbols only, meaning no exotic letters.

3. averin

averin

I am building 2 projects simultaneously under one user. Project "A" and project "B". Both projects at the initial stages work with the correct folders, which is confirmed by the unity log. At the time of the gradle build, both builds start working with the same project folder "A". Note: earlier in the project, firebase logs were displayed and project " B " referred to the paths "A" in the logs from firebase just before gradle was launched in project "B".
    Example:
    Path "A": /Users/MyUser/.jenkins/workspace/MyProject.AN.DEV_APK/
    Path "B": /Users/MyUser/.jenkins/workspace/MyProject.AM.PROD/
    MyUser and MyProject - written in ascii

4. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

I am not sure if this is supported, since in some cases Unity might be accessing same set of files.

5. averin

averin

So you mean it's impossible (not safe) to run multiple jenkins jobs having unity3d step on the same machine?

6. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

I am saying this something Unity doesn't support, meaning if it works it works, if not, that's most likely by design.