Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mixing moving and non moving image targets?

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by mikewarren, Feb 26, 2018.

1. mikewarren

mikewarren

I've done some prototyping with Vuforia in the past using Image targets (one at a time). The image target was always used as an anchor point to establish a coordinate system for the imaging device (phone, eyewear, etc.).

I'm assuming I can mix static and moving image targets in the same application, but it occurs to me that I've never done it. For instance, I'd like to have a few image targets on the walls to establish a coordinate system for multiple rooms, and then some smaller targets (image or model) to track objects in the room.

Vuforia should be able to handle that, right?

Mike

Vuforia-Strasza likes this.
  2. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hi Mike,

I see nothing about this use case that wouldn't be supported by Vuforia. Make sure you set the "Max simultaneous tracked images" to a value greater than one in order to detect and track multiple targets.

Thanks

3. mikewarren

mikewarren

Thanks @Vuforia-Strasza

I haven't tried using model targets yet, but one of our use cases is to track handheld things (like tools).
    The documentation reads that moving model targets aren't supported. Is that something we'll see, eventually?
    And, does model target detection use information from depth sensors (if available) to supplement the recognition system? For instance, would something like a HoloLens or Meta 2 that has depth information more easily recognize model targets than just an RGB camera that would infer depth from motion?

4. Vuforia-Strasza

Vuforia-Strasza

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

We are continuing to improve the Model Targets feature as we move forward with our SDK. Generally we've seen the use cases for Model Targets be for more complex, stationary objects. What sort of handheld tools would you be wanting to augment and what would be the goal of the augmentation?

To your second question, we generally don't share more detailed information about the technical workings of our features.

Thanks