Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

mixing c# / js.. problems with plugins?

Discussion in '5.2 Beta' started by thomas.michel, Sep 4, 2015.

1. thomas.michel

thomas.michel

Hello,

a project I'm working on uses mostly javascript scripts, but it also uses a lot of plugins which are written in c# (InControl, 2d toolkit, ...).
    When I try to build for Windows Store with "Universal 10" SDK then I'm getting a lot of issues like:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.10.0, CAssets/Game Prefabs etc/Scripts/HandlePlayerInput.js(2,8): BCE0021: Namespace 'InControl' not found, maybe you forgot to add an assembly reference?

BCE0018: The name 'tk2dSprite' does not denote a valid type ('not found').
    BCE0018: The name 'tk2dAnimatedSprite' does not denote a valid type ('not found').

the classes clearly exist though, the same project with the same code source can successfully be built for windows/max/linux standalone, for example.

Any idea what this might be?

Cheers,

Thomas

2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

You need a placeholder for InControl plugin, the error says that when compiling js files you're referencing InControl compiled against .NET Core 5.0, you cannot do that.

But still I imagine you have them, just you didn't set plugin settings correctly.

Assuming you have plugins in following locations:
    Assets\Plugins\InControl.dll (compiled against .NET 3.5)
    Assets\Plugins\WSA\UWP\InControl.dll (compiled against .NET Core 5.0)

Click on Assets\Plugins\WSA\UWP\InControl.dll and set placeholder to point to Assets\Plugins\InControl.dll