Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

mixamo to blender to unity conversion error

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Manimor, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Manimor

Manimor

Hi, I've been trying to export mixamo animation to unity with blender as a middle man,
    but animations don't want to follow. It works OK straight to unity, but if I import the animation in blender, it gets messed up. I get this lovely warning when I try to export from blender.

MuscleClip 'Man2h' conversion warning: 'mixamorig:Hips/mixamorig:Spine/mixamorig:Spine1/mixamorig:Spine2' is between humanoid transforms and has rotation animation. This might lower retargeting quality.

I mean, the animation works fine inside blender, but gets screwed up on export.

https://vid.me/JDhu

First image in maximo, second in blender, third from mixamo to unity straight and last from mixamo to blender to unity.

First I believed it had something to do with the fact that the skeleton has 3 spines, and humanoid has 2, but the problem seems to persist even in generic form. So it seems to be a muscleclip problem?

(My workflow:= download fbx T-pose, correct it, (Apply transform on import, scale 100),
    download fbx Animation, correct it (Apply transform, scale 100), add t-pose avatar to humanoid skeleton on animation)

Thanks for any input,

Regards Daniel

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hey Manimor - I've seen this before but have never encountered it. Check around here on the forum, there is instance of this and the fix for it.

3. Manimor

Manimor

Thanks for the help,

I solved it finally, it all boggled down to scale, applied scale and rotation as usual.

Thanks for the input, I dont think I solved it the same way though ;)

Take care

theANMATOR2b likes this.