Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mixamo rig with makehuman

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Atiaen, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Atiaen

Atiaen

Hi so i'm not sure where to put this thread but what i want to ask is this:
    I created a character with makehuman and added everything like clothes,eyes,eyebrows e.t.c but i didnt add a rig to the character i then exported the character as an fbx and imported it to mixamo to rig it. so this aspect works perfectly, but the thing is mixamo doesn't add blendshapes or a face rig to the character. what i want to know is it possible to add a face rig to the character cause what im working needs a face rig

2. hopeful

hopeful

I don't want to dissuade you from exploring your options with character rigging and modeling, but if you have an interest in this area you might want to check out the UMA system, which is free.

3. Atiaen

Atiaen

Thing is most of my work is going to be done offline so i wont be connected to the internet constantly but thanks anyways and i did try uma once but i guess i could give it another go.

4. hopeful

hopeful

You can use Blender to rig and make blendshapes. That's another free option.

5. Atiaen

Atiaen

Hmmm i thought of that but that would involve me(a noob animator) editing it myself but ill give it a try really

6. Teila

Teila

You might try the Skinn asset on the store. Contact the developer to see if it works with Make Human models. :) He has a forum thread on the Unity forums.

7. Atiaen

Atiaen

Hmm i'll look into that thanks:)

8. neoshaman

neoshaman