Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mixamo-like animation "modificators".

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Creiz, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Creiz

Creiz

firefox_VcoRUfusfL.jpg

so you see these parameters? The modify the animation live, so you can choose the best variation for your character before you download it.

I want to do something similar in my game, since my toon can get fat, for example, during gameplay I want to do something like set a float value and have his arms widen on his idle animation.

I have no idea how to even start with this.

Help.

2. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

Blend Trees are what you're looking for.

Make a fat animation and a thin animation, then set up a float parameter to blend between them as necessary.

Creiz likes this.
  3. Creiz

Creiz

Blend trees. All right, I'm going to look into it. Also, is it possible to "transition" between them? Like in the example? Have my arms gradually widen from thin position to fat position in sync with the float parameter?

4. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

When you set the float, the blending goes immediately to that value. So setting "Fatness" to 0 would make you thin instantly. If you want it to happen gradually, you need to interpolate the value over time yourself.

Creiz likes this.
  5. Creiz

Creiz

Oh, yes. I got that working correctly. My toon and its blendshapes are working perfectly. I'm talking about the animations proper. Like, if I set the float at 50, will the arms be halfway between animationThin and animationFat. Kind of a slider instead of a bool.

6. Kybernetik

Kybernetik

Yes, that's exactly how it works.

Creiz likes this.
  7. Creiz

Creiz