Search Unity

Question Mixamo Humanoid Animation Broken on Import

Discussion in 'Animation' started by matthewgreen, Jan 1, 2022.

1. matthewgreen

matthewgreen

I want to use a Mixamo character and animation, but I keep getting weird import errors. I am trying to use the Swat character and a idle animation where he is holding a rifle.

upload_2022-1-1_14-57-48.png

It appears to work fine in Mixamo, however if I import just the animation and try and use it on the Swat character that I already imported the left hand if inverted and the angle that he holds the rifle is not correct.
    upload_2022-1-1_15-5-49.png

If I import idle animation with the skin then the left hand is no longer inverted, but it still has the wrong angles on the animation.
    upload_2022-1-1_15-0-43.png

Even weirder is if I manually preview the animation it works fine, but the head is angled the wrong way now, and maybe fact that the preview moves the GameObject to 0, 0, 0 (do not know if that's normal for previewing animations).
    upload_2022-1-1_15-3-21.png

I believe it is something to do with one of the neck Transforms, as there is an import warning message about swat:Neck1.
    upload_2022-1-1_15-8-18.png

Continued in reply (ran out of image attachments)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  2. matthewgreen

matthewgreen

Looking into the import animation warning I saw some different YouTube videos about fixing issues with Mixamo animations, but none of them went into detail on how to fix an issue like this. I did import it into Blender and noticed the neck and head is completely detached from the body. I tried moving the head back into the right place, but that did not seem to fix the animation. It still had the error in import animation error in Unity and actually made things worse.
    upload_2022-1-1_15-14-12.png
    upload_2022-1-1_15-17-47.png
    upload_2022-1-1_15-20-19.png

Any help on how to fix this problem with the neck would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2022
  3. Mikaelan

Mikaelan

This is a little late, but maybe this will help someone else. You can create a Post Processor that will set DoF for you during import. You can also set it manually, and both options can be seen here:

4. matthewgreen

matthewgreen

Yeah a little late... haha. This was just a small side project. I have not actually really worked on it since this issue. Got busy with other things. But lately I have had some free time and actually went back and started working on it just again last week so thank you very much. Perfect timing in fact. I'll check if it works in a little bit and come back and close the thread if I am able to fix it. Thanks again.