Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Mixamo Free Auto Control Rig Script

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mixamo, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Mixamo

Mixamo

Mixamo is very excited to announce that we have created a free script that generates a Maya control rig for any Mixamo Auto-Rigged character.

Check out this workflow that is focused around bringing great animation into Unity using Mixamo motion or your own key frame animation with our Auto-Rig. The workflow is nonlinear and gives you more options for how to generate animation for Unity.
    You can now Auto-Rig a character, download animation on it and create a control rig in Maya for additional key frame animating. The control rig script will also export a baked FK version of your skeleton for use in Unity. Combining key frame generated animation and Mixamo motion in Unity will give you an amazing level of flexibility and control.

2. SevenBits

SevenBits

3. lmbarns

lmbarns

I uploaded a model to test out the auto rigging and it seemed pretty straightforward. As a hobbyist I don't have a budget to spend, but I can imagine if you did, this would be a lot cheaper than hiring a dedicated animation artist, and if I only needed a few animations for a model it would definitely be a bargain/time saver.

I was really impressed by the customer service. I got an email a couple days later saying basically, "Hey, i was checking out your account and it seems you uploaded a character but never finished rigging it, I took the liberty of finishing it for you". Low and behold someone at the company finished hooking it up for me.

Really awesome system for rigging characters, when I get serious and/or a budget i'll definitely head to you guys.

4. dbryson

dbryson

How about some love for Blender users?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
    CaptainJeffo likes this.
  5. Mixamo

Mixamo

Glad people are liking it!

@dbryson all good things in time my friend!

6. ColleneWilson

ColleneWilson

Cool, I just tried it with a character I had already auto rigged and it worked pretty well. Thanks :)

7. Mixamo

Mixamo

Glad it worked out for you! If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask.

8. allison

allison

Pretty impressive, worked for me too. Thanks for sharing!