Search Unity

Mixamo Contest Entry - Vanguard Soldier

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by shaderbytes, Apr 12, 2012.

1. shaderbytes

shaderbytes

My Vanguard soldier is coming close to final stages before rigging. I still need to uvmap/texture the gun and create holster then I will tweak the current textures and normal/spec maps a bit but the model itself is just about done.

so in looking to finish , any feed back good or bad is welcome

Im posting a web player for preview - 800x800px

2. shaderbytes

shaderbytes

I rigged my guy ! just have the gun to finish now

3. shaderbytes

shaderbytes

next update - gun textured , added some more graphics to the arm cyber gun , added colours on suit , changed boot textures and normal map a bit. almost finished .. perhaps some work on the gloves textures next

4. 3dviewpoint

3dviewpoint

Good progress, look like your gonna make it before the deadline :) looking good, I think the neck/throat looks better in the grey color, but maybe thats just me. Keep on rocking

5. shaderbytes

shaderbytes

thanks for the input , agreed - Im gonna revert the neck piece back to the grey colour again. Once ive done the gloves as well I will post again - then that should be my final render. Texturing is still the most difficult part of the modeling process for me as im aware of having an average level of art skill which requires many edits to push out something looking half decent - unlike the really gifted people who seem to be able to just fart out masterpieces each and every time with little effort. (read : green with envy haha)

6. Mixamo

Mixamo

Great news, the Contest has been extended based on contestants requesting more time. We've agreed to end the contest by one week.

The new END DATE is MAY 4th @ 11:59PM PST

If you have already submitted feel free to refine the entry and resubmit! Otherwise, we'll see you at the end of the contest!

7. shaderbytes

shaderbytes

I almost forgot to submit my model , this was the final render I sent - I used the new cycles render system in Blender for the first time. In this contest alone I learnt so many new things - Did my first Sculptris digital sculpt - First experience doing a retopo , learnt to use blender cycles ;)