Search Unity

Mixamo animations, walking different directions?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by blogsabout, Apr 23, 2019.

1. blogsabout

blogsabout

Hello there and Happy Easter!

I'm having so much fun setting up my NPC and the various animations its doin in the animator controller.
    Its working perfectly - but when I use the "turn right" animation and then have another animation right after to "pick up", the character goes back to default direction.
    How can I have it so if I use "Turn Left" animation and the have another animation following with "walk" or for that matter any, that it will walk to that new direction?
    It's not a playable character..but an NPC doing all sorts of weird stuff :)

Any Direction would be much appreciated!

Cheers, Dan

PS (For those who are having issues with the Maya Models, exported as fbx to Mixamo Anims and then later in Unity having issues, I solved it using FBX 2013 export plugin that is included in Maya 2019)

2. indraprabha

indraprabha

Hey, any luck with this pbm?

3. blogsabout

blogsabout

Nope, didn't solve it unfortunately. Do you also have the same problem?
    Maybe some scripting is needed to make sure the direction is the same for both animations.

4. ArtsyAngelee

ArtsyAngelee

It sounds like you need to have the animation drive the direction of the game object. Under the Animation tab in the model's import settings, look into the "Root Transform Rotation". Uncheck "Bake Into Pose" so that if the root bone rotates, the game object will rotate with it as well. Then the next animation to play should be facing the correct direction.

5. blogsabout

blogsabout

Thanks a lot Artsy! That's a good one to know.