Search Unity

Mixamo Animation rig is messed up when imported as Humanoid

Discussion in 'Animation' started by levidavidmurray, Mar 10, 2022.

1. levidavidmurray

levidavidmurray

I downloaded this Action Adventure Pack from Mixamo. It came with an fbx for the t-posed character, as well as separate fbx files for each animation (armature only). The animations works fine when the Animation Type for both the character fbx and animation fbx are set to Generic. But when setting them both to Humanoid with Create From This Model, I get the following:

This is the rig for the character fbx when set to Humanoid:

And this is the deformed rig for the animation:

I haven't touched this at all. All of the Mixamo animations that I import as Humanoid and create an avatar for look like this. And the animation's skeleton looks completely fine in blender:

I'm aware I can set either the animation or the character to Copy From Other Avatar, and copy the animation (or character) avatar. But, as far as I'm aware, this would prevent animation retargeting.

Any ideas as to why the Humanoid rig for the animation is deformed?

Edit: For reference, I'm using Unity 2021.2.11f1

Attached Files:

2. SethMeshko

SethMeshko

Go into the inspector-->rig of your character, open up the configure settings and look at the joint alignment of your character. It is probably offset. You can rotate it back into position and it should fix that.

3. levidavidmurray

levidavidmurray

As far as I can tell, the character is fine. The animations are the ones that are noticeably off.

4. MarcOrion

MarcOrion

I am having the exact same problem. Exactly the same, with the same foot issue. Here's the thing. These exact same animations worked fine in another Unity 2019 project of mine. I upgraded to unity 2021 and now am having this exact same issue. Doesn't matter if I use the same animations from my other project or download them fresh from Mixamo.

Any luck in figuring it out?

dantecash98 likes this.
  5. MarcOrion

MarcOrion

Ok, interestingly I figured out what the issue was on my end. Turns out my issue was that I was downloading the animations without skin. This provided one animation clip to work with and every. single. time. on. every. animation. it was jacked up. Mostly with the feet or legs. So I tried downloading all the versions of FBXs offered. All same results. So I said what the hell, let me download it with skin. And with skin provides two animation clips. One named take01 and one named mixamo.com. well the take01 is still jacked up in every way, but the one named mixamo works just fine. So now I just download with skin, delete the take01 and rename the mixamo.com to whatever the animation is and no more issues.

Hope it helps someone.

dantecash98 and Yuchen_Chang like this.
  6. steril

steril

After selecting Rig > Animation Type: Humanoid, then click on Avatar Definition: Copy From Other Avatar and select your Avatar that matches the Avatar of the Animator of your character.

yaBoi1305 likes this.