Search Unity

Bug Mixamo Animation Bug

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Nataneto_, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Nataneto_

Nataneto_

Hello,

I'm new to 3D in Unity, so I don't know if it's some basic problem I'm having, anyway here's my question.

I imported a .fbx 3d model into Unity and everything works correctly, however, I imported an animation from Mixamo and put the Rig in Humanoid as the tutorials say.

However, I notice that the animation is slightly different, as if it's bugged in some way.

How Animation is in Mixamo

How it looks in Unity

Note that the foot is floating, it's very strange. If you can help me, I would be very grateful, I've been breaking my head for days to understand why this is.

2. miguel0l

miguel0l

I think the problem here is that the original mixamo model had shoes on so the animation was accounting for the shoes adding to model's height. However, your model is barefoot which causes the foot to look like its floating when its playing this animation. You could try tweaking with root motion settings under the Animation Clip Inspector. I've never had this kind of issue before but you could try choosing different options for the Root Transform Position Y such as the Feet option under Based Upon