Search Unity

Mix two animations (urgent)

Discussion in 'Animation' started by RickyX, Jan 27, 2015.

1. RickyX

RickyX

This is really urgent to me guys, i need a reply fast, i really need it...
    So what i need is to figure out how to mix up two animations to make one, like 50% of first one, and 50% of other one. I use mecanim. I basicly want this to blend up like mecanim transition from one to another anim, but i need it to be in one state of mecanim, not two diffrent states, this really has to be like this becouse my system needs it to be in one state. So is there a possible way to do this ?

2. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera

3. RickyX

RickyX

Heey, i use blend trees, they are good for like transforming to another animation using a float, like coordination from one value to another, example -1 to 1, -1 is one anim, 1 is another anim, and you change a float and it blends between and stuff, but how do you make it mix two anims and play it as one state ? Basiclly like it was one anim.

EDIT: I don't really need them to be one .anim file, but ACT like they are, just like they are, with a nice transition blend. IS it possible with mecanim's blend trees ? Blend trees just blend them according to the given float.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I'd perform the mix/blend in an external package like 3D Max using the Mixer and re-import a new animation.

5. RickyX

RickyX

I tried trial max for this, but when i import the fbx model along with my animation, i have no idea how to even play that animation in 3ds max, i just stare at the model, and i'd still need to import another animation which is in another fbx file, same model, diffrent animations, i have no clue on how to do this in 3ds max, and i searched for tutorials on that for whole day, no luck. All of thoose just don't fit my needs, could you share some knowledge ?

6. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Unfortunately without both animations being in the same fbx - that complicates things. It's a process and it isn't easy.

A little extra information from you would allow me to give some better feedback. What are the two animations you want to blend?

Or if you prefer you can pm me and we can discuss further.

7. RickyX

RickyX

Let's use PM

8. RickyX

RickyX

More detailed information:
    Two fbxes, one contain a character model that's rigged and has a motion, an animation too. Another one contain the same, but other animation.
    First animation is wallrun, 2nd is grab ledge and climb.
    I want to blend thoose like in mecanim state transition, that gave me a pretty good result, but it creates 2 states, and i need it to be in one state only, so i need one animation basically, and as far as i know, other programs are the only choice for now.