Search Unity

Question Missing XR Subsystems?

Discussion in 'AR' started by wangbingna, Mar 27, 2023.

1. wangbingna

wangbingna

Hi, I’ve been trying to set up my Unity AR project for a while, and no matter what version I use of Unity or new projects that I make, I’m always missing the AR subsystems. I’ve tried manually loading and checking my build/player setting and XR plug in management settings but everything is correct for set up. Was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue before? This is for Unity Version 2021.3.16 and AR Foundation 4.2. (Although I’ve tried 2019 and 2022 builds and I’m still getting the same error )

Attached Files:

2. unity_andrewc

unity_andrewc

Unity Technologies

upload_2023-3-27_7-19-54.png
    You need to enable ARCore or ARKit (depending on whether you're building for Android or iOS) in XR Plug-in Management, which can be found in Player Settings.

3. wangbingna

wangbingna

I already have that checked, and I made sure that ARKit has everything set up (i.e. adjusted player settings with requiring AR Kit Support, ARM support, also trying UNITY_XR_ARKIT_LOADER_ENABLED for Scripting Define Symbols..). Don't know what else it could be?

Attached Files:

4. WyattBUnity

WyattBUnity

Unity Technologies

To use features in any scene, you need to add components that represent each feature you want to be using. Like in the samples project you want to set up something like this, which allows the plane detection subsystem to work in this scene.

upload_2023-3-27_9-9-44.png

If you already have this set up, I would be interested to see what way you have them configured in your scene.

Attached Files:

5. wangbingna

wangbingna

I've messed around with the game objects by adding a default plane in scene and setting that, and it doesn't seem to make a difference- I've even tried loading Sample Blank AR projects in different versions of Unity and still get XR failing to initialize?

Attached Files:

6. unity_andrewc

unity_andrewc

Unity Technologies

ARKit and ARCore are not expected to work in the editor. You need to make a build and deploy to device for anything to work as expected.

7. unity_andrewc

unity_andrewc

Unity Technologies