Search Unity

Resolved Missing types?

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by robert0x72, Oct 7, 2021.

1. robert0x72

robert0x72

Hi guys!

So I'm trying out this Visual Scripting thing now, and it's cool and all, but I think I'm just missing something because I cannot do simplest things with it.

I've just wanted to use a Color32 literal to update value in a list of those guys. I've got it from Texture2D.GetPixels32 but I the literal is not there. Cannot find another way to update the array.

So then, I'm like "a bug maybe?, lets try Texture2D.GetRawTextureData and do some mess with the individual bytes". It turns out I cannot find the byte either!

Does anybody know any way of making those types available in Visual Scripting? Am I doing something stupid?

2. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

UnityVS automatically generates almost all its nodes from the public Unity API. But it only does so for the most commonly used types by default to keep search times reasonable.

For more niche types like this, go to Project Settings/Visual Scripting and add your Type to the Types list. Then regenerate nodes. It'll come up in search after that like any other node.

3. robert0x72

robert0x72

Thank you! Works like a charm!

<3