Search Unity

Missing textures from imported fbx file in Unity since update

Discussion in 'External Tools' started by viingo, Feb 21, 2018.

1. viingo

viingo

Since I have updated from Unity 5.6.3p2 (there it worked) to Unity 2017.3.1f1 I'm having problems with importing from Maya to Unity with textures... I export my files in Maya as .fbx (with embeded media checked, which should keep my textures) and when I import my 3D Models they are shown white and the shader with the applied texture is completely empty and I can't click anything (see screenshots). I tried to replace the textures manually in Unity, but it didn't remember my UV maps from Maya and cause of that they are completely distorted and not working right for me anymore...

I also tried to export from Cinema 4D and it does the same thing as with my Maya models, so the problem must be somewhere in Unity?

I’m new to Unity so it could be I’m missing some obvious options.

screenshot_01.JPG screenshot_02.JPG

2. laforced

laforced

3. LeandroMLopes

LeandroMLopes

I'm having problems on importing my models too. When using embeded materials, no tools are shown in materials tab. It's happenning since i updated to 2018 version

4. shamusmcskrap

shamusmcskrap

It's funny how the 3D learning process works...

Step 1: Search for 5 hours to solve seemingly unsolvable problem.
    Step 2: Go for a walk and curse at trees, squirrels, and other random objects.
    Step 3: Just as your about to quit and become an accountant, find out all you had to do was click "extract textures" on the inspector window.