Search Unity

Missing Push Notification Entitlement

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Liand, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Liand

Liand

Hi guys,

Today i wanted publish new update of my game, but i got this warning when i submit binary.

My game dont use push notification. How can i resolve this problem?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english.

2. toramaru

toramaru

I got that warning too.

3. nocanwin

nocanwin

Me too. I've been told not to worry about it. I trust the person who told me so I didn't reject the binary. One of the plugins I'm using must some push code in it somewhere.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  4. schwertfisch

schwertfisch

Me too. I'll trust the person who told nocanwin also, especially because the warning email from Apple says: "you may wish to correct the following issues in your next delivery", which doesn't sound like a definite rejection.

5. xiongmaoboshi

xiongmaoboshi

We got this warning as well, maybe someone from Unity can verify that there are no links to the APN libraries in Unity ?

6. grcwar

grcwar

We got this warning while submitting the app to the store yesterday... maybe something changed on the app store auto analyzer? Nothing changed on our code base, neither the plugins...

"Your app appears to register with the Apple Push Notification service."

Let's wait to see the review result..

7. vonchor

vonchor

I got the same thing, I sent app review support a query - maybe I'll hear back in a few hours (LOL)

8. nocanwin

nocanwin

My update got approved. I guess it's nothing to worry about.

9. vonchor

vonchor

They called me back pretty quickly! I was sort of told not to worry about it. The fellow I spoke to wasn't 100% sure but said that if it was fatal at that point the binary would have been rejected. We'll see...

FWIW they told me review time is about 5 biz days or so.

10. VicM

VicM

I was afraid of that email!

I also received the email today after submitting my app.
    Thanks @vonchor for the information.

So I understand the recommendation is not to reject the binary right?
    I am not using push notifications and basically I am using the same plugins as in other apps without having this warning.

My guess too is that Apple change something in the analyzer.

Please post any updates! Thanks!

11. nocanwin

nocanwin

don't reject.

12. BennyChen

BennyChen

I got the same warning from Apple, hopefully there is truly nothing to worry about

13. eezSZI

eezSZI

We received the same warning today.

14. Fattie

Fattie

Hey nocanwin,

"My update got approved. I guess it's nothing to worry about."

Thanks for that report. I just got the same warning. It's due to the Prime31 "Etc" plugin.

I had no idea the Etc plugin includes Push Notification code (I guess most people use that plug in for that reason, I do not)

If this was in January 2013 for you, it would seem to be based on your experience that it does NOT get rejected at the itunes desk - if you do not actually use push notifications (but just have 'dead code" in there).

My question, are you using the Prime31 Etc plugin? Same issue? Cheers and thanks again for the report

15. VicM

VicM

Hi guys,

Mysubmitted app got approved!
    We were not using any suspicious plugin that could trigger the warning.

We were using NGUI and Game Analytics but I have used them before without having this warning.
    I guess they change something in their review process.

16. J_P_

J_P_

Got that warning just now. Assumed it was the Prime plugin. Glad to hear it probably won't cause rejection.

17. Fattie

Fattie

Alert .. notice the great guys at Prime31 have sensibly added a warning about this. It explains everything.

http://prime31.com/docs#iosEtc

"Important note concerning push notifications: it appears Apple's automated scanners have again started to incorrectly scan and detect push notification code that isn't touched. If you are not using push notifications just delete the AppControllerPushAdditions files before submitting to Apple and that should appease their static code analyzer."

Thanks for that, Prime31 !!

I can't imagine not using the "Etc" plugin in any project, it is that simple to fi it - delete those TWO files mentioned. hope it helps someone.

dog_funtom and Serve like this.
  18. madpoet0204

madpoet0204

Trying to post update to my app and I got the "Missing Push Notification Entitlement" error from Apple review.
    The problem is that the status is now INVALID BINARY and I'm not sure what to do. Am I supposed to just wait for a review or
    does this smear there is no binary in queue? I am not using any prime31 plugs
    but I am using Vuforia Plugin. My app does not use push notifications. Is there any way to disable it in Xcode?

Thx for any help!

19. r618

r618

FYI it's not because of any prime31's plugin ( I don't use them and got the email after submission )
    It's [probably] because of checking local and remote notification after app launch (which was added maybe in 4.0 ?) whose API probably belong to push services
    madpoet - you sure you signed the app with certificate not enabled with push notifications ? If the status is invalid binary then you have to resubmit I'm afraid
    I intend not to take any action since it's just a warning

20. madpoet0204

madpoet0204

Update - I was able to re-build and re-send and the problem was fixed. I wonder if it was just the build that had something wrong set because the
    same unity project run through Xcode again was fine. The app ha sheen approved and all is well... For now....:)
    Thx so much for helping out.

21. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

I submitted yesterday, and got the same warning. If you don't see a further post from me, then assume that Apple didn't have a problem with it. (PS - I use Prime31 Etcetera, Flurry, Storekit, etc... so I assume it's from that.)

Gigi.

22. DannyB

DannyB

Same problem, Unity 4.2.1
    Also I cannot follow the Prime31 tip of removing AppControllerPushAdditions , as I do not find it in my project.
    I am not using any 3rd party plugin so the warning is not Prime31 specific

23. Elecman

Elecman

Same problem with Unity 4.3.4f1

24. TeorikDeli

TeorikDeli

I also get notified for my TestFlight Beta build. The Facebook SDK is also uses Notifications (FbUnityInterface.h file). Right now I'm waiting for review, for Beta. Fortunately, there is no review for my own build tests or internal testers.

-- Update:
    My app approved for beta testing.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  25. mohudoom

mohudoom

Hi,

I too got this Warning.. but my app got approved... But can any one tell me how to remove that notification from apple store? i am using Store Kit Plugin in my app.. Thanks in Advance

26. CyberTurboPlays

CyberTurboPlays

after reading this thread, my weak heart just settle a little bit, i just submit mine to review, with this same warning, my fingers are crossing right now.
    but i don't use prime31 at all, i do have a number of ads and social sdks.

27. Piotrku

Piotrku

28. RHShanks

RHShanks

What if I am using local notifications instead of the push notifications? Would they still work if I use your plugin?

29. Piotrku

Piotrku

Yes :)

30. VIC20

VIC20

Would be nice if you could change the platform dependend compilation #define directives to support tvOS too. (Problem and solution is identical on tvOS – I’ve fixed it with you script)

31. jordanmeir

jordanmeir

I found a solution,

in Xcode edit file Entitlements.entitlements in root folder, if file not exist create a new one

then add the aps-environment key and set value string "production" (it's good for production and development).

example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>aps-environment</key>

<string>production</string>

</dict>

</plist>