Search Unity

Missing preview packages in 2018.1

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by pbhogan, May 7, 2018.

1. pbhogan

pbhogan

After installing 2018.1.0f2, I expected to see some of the various preview packages for things like entities, mathematics and burst available, but they're not there despite other preview packages being present. It seems to work importing an existing project from b12 though.

What do we need to do to get those showing up? There seems to be a lot of misinformation about what exactly to put in the manifest file, or even if anything needs to be added.

Is there more (official) documentation on the manifest available, especially what the various sections mean and valid options for each ("dependencies", "testables", "registry", etc.)

2. erick_unity

erick_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Patrick, all publicly available packages (Preview and Release) are listed in the "All" tab of the Package Manager UI.
    Some packages in early development might be available on invitation only, which appears to be the case for some of your existing b12 project packages. In general, your project's packages are listed in the dependencies section of the manifest, as described in the Package Manager UI's documentation: https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.package-manager-ui@1.8/manual/index.html

Hope this helps!
    Eric.

3. pbhogan

pbhogan

What I find confusing is ECS is a headlining feature mentioned in the 2018.1 release. It's literally the second feature listed after SRP in the 2018.1 release blog post (https://blogs.unity3d.com/2018/05/02/2018-1-is-now-available/). That seems pretty public. How is it not a publicly available "preview" package—and why is it not available in the package manager under "All"?

4. erick_unity

erick_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Patrick, sorry for the delay, had to do a little research for this one. We're working to make the packages you mentioned public asap, i'll ping you on this thread when more news is available.