Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Missing Prefabs, Avatars, Meshes

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by nir11, Apr 2, 2021.

1. nir11

nir11

Hi,

I keep getting "Missing prefab" errors on 3D characters with animations (either from asset store or Mixamo), or the characters will be there but their avatar and/or meshes will be missing.

This started happening when I updated to version 2020.1.13f1, but I think it's also the time when my Mac started running low on disk space and started automatically uploading folders to iCloud.

So I'm not sure if it's the version that is giving me the issue, or if the fact that when my project opens, it cannot locate certain folders on the desktop because they are in iCloud?
    But if the latter is the case, why is the issue only with 3D characters with animations?

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

If you think this might be the problem, fix that first.

Get your project backed up under source control NOW.

Try everything afresh somewhere there is enough disk space.

Unity uses about as much additional space BEYOND what your project is to operate.

nir11 likes this.
  3. nir11

nir11

Yes I did take care of the low disk space issue; I deleted a bunch of files/folders and now have 83 Gb available (unfortunately 263 Gb is used up for "Other")...

In my project's Assets folder, I see 4 folders named like this for example:
    UnityAssetsFile-0c41b164d6688443d9a5b522db5dc178.meta

I'm wondering if Unity keeps creating different meta files when it can't find a folder on the desktop b/c it's been automatically moved to iCloud?