Search Unity

Resolved Missing Physics Body component in the editor

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by kizko, May 14, 2023.

1. kizko

kizko

Hi. I've installed the latest Physics package but I can't find the Physics Body component in the editor. I might miss something, but what?

Thank you in advance.

2. Spy-Master

Spy-Master

kizko likes this.
  3. Kmsxkuse

Kmsxkuse

4. kizko

kizko

Now it makes sense. I will try it today and I will change the tag. thank you!

5. F

F

They said they removed physicsBodyAuthoring and we can add them by using the classic component like 'Rigidbody'. but I failed to add a physics entity to collisionworld by script

How can I make an Entity to be detected by Overlape or SphereCast etc. (or add it to PhysicsWorld) by script?

6. Pabi

Pabi

How can we effectively utilize the collisionFilter in the absence of the physics shape, particularly when using a standard Collider and Rigidbody?

7. kizko

kizko

I couldn't use standard components as well. I end up using the deprecated Shape/Body and it is working fine. If anybody finds a better solution, let me know.

For example, I can't move the entity with rigidbody(standard one) attached.

8. Pabi

Pabi

I did use the deprecated too, fixed my problem. No idea why they changed that.

9. daniel-holz

daniel-holz

Unity Technologies

Could you please elaborate what you mean by "can't move"? At authoring time there shouldn't be any difference between the built-in and the custom physics authoring.
    Are you referring to either a runtime issue it a situation in which you mix built-in and custom physics authoring components (e.g., a RigidBody with a PhysicsShape)?