Search Unity

Missing NUnit errors on all versions

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by RavenLiquid, Jan 29, 2020.

1. RavenLiquid

RavenLiquid

I reinstalled my laptop, and ever since it started complaining about NUnit. It does it with every project (even the blank ones created by Unity) and on all versions I tried including 2019.1, 2019.2, 2019.3 and 2020.1.

It lists these two warnings

Couldn't delete Packages/com.unity.ext.nunit/net35/unity-custom/nunit.framework.dll.meta because it's in an immutable folder.

A meta data file (.meta) exists but its asset 'Packages/com.unity.ext.nunit/net35/unity-custom/nunit.framework.dll' can't be found. When moving or deleting files outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it.

And then a list of errors in all files that reference NUnit, so the whole test framework.

Tried upgrading the test framework package, no change.

Been trying to figure this out for a while now, but nothing seems to fix it and I'm not sure what is causing it.

Everything works fine on my desktop that also was reinstalled not to long ago.
    I know that the hub should install everything, but could I be missing a dependency?

I also use the laptop for .net core development in VS 2019, which works fine.

MaxEden likes this.
  2. spiralmym

spiralmym

I have the same problem, did you solve it ??

3. Jagsoldier

Jagsoldier

I'm having the same issue. Fresh installations of Unity are having this issue on every computer that I have access to. I've contacted Unity, but they haven't gotten back to me. I'll let you know if I find anything.

4. Jagsoldier

Jagsoldier

Hey guys! I've got a solution.

Enter your C:\Users\*your username*\AppData, and delete the Unity folder in 'Local', 'LocalLow', and 'Roaming'.

This will cleanse Unity's preferences/settings and prevent it from searching for folders that don't exist.

5. orcalance

orcalance

Thanks! This helped!

6. javaman_av

javaman_av

Thanks! This helped!

7. abulla2020

abulla2020

You are the best, thanks from the heart
    upload_2020-12-29_2-41-30.png

8. msipp27

msipp27

I tried this and the error persisted!!!!!!!

9. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Extra unwanted packages in new projects (collab, testing, rider and other junk):

https://forum.unity.com/threads/temp-unityengine-testrunner-dll-error.1133938/#post-7287748

About the fastest way I have found to make a project and avoid all this noise is to create the project, then as soon as you see the files appear, FORCE-STOP (hard-kill) Unity (with the Activity Manager or Task Manager), then go hand-edit the Packages/manifest.json file as outlined in the above post, then reopen Unity.

Sometimes the package system gets borked from all this unnecessary churn and requires the package cache to be cleared:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53145919/unity3d-package-cache-errors/69779122

10. parimak

parimak

thanks for this!!! this also fixes the ""nunit.framework.dll' could not be found" error I encountered after upgrading my project to 2022.2, but I only needed to remove the Unity folder in C:\Users\*your username*\AppData\Roaming. The rest are fine!!