Search Unity

Missing mesh after moving project to unity 5

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by daidokoro, Jul 20, 2015.

1. daidokoro

daidokoro

Hi
    Maybe a stupid and already answered question (try to search in these forums with no luck...) : i have a fully working project in unity 4.5.5f1but wanting to move it to the latest version of 5. Everything went ok except now i'm missing some mesh in two of my scenes...lot of them... Try to export the whole project and reimport in unity 5 but same problem...Any help or guidance appreciated
    Thanks

2. daidokoro

daidokoro

nobody can help please ?

3. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Any editor errors? What does "missing some mesh" mean? If it's failed to import, I imagine there is some error message provided.

4. daidokoro

daidokoro

Hi
    No errors in the console. Just when i'm importing the whole project to unity5 then opening one of the scene some meshes are missing (just said missing in the inspector but no console message...)

5. daidokoro

daidokoro

Anyone with the same problem?

6. daidokoro

daidokoro

So nobody got this issue in the past or? I need to contact someone directly at unity for this? I'm on a subscription plan and find the forum not always enough for a non free software...thanks

7. daidokoro

daidokoro

Ok well writing to myself now :)
    Will try to move to 4.6 first then to 5

8. daidokoro

daidokoro

Ok the problem is now solved. For unity 5 you need the latest version of Maya if you are using .ma files (instead of obj or fbx) in your project